Curious what you guys are paying for
2004 Nissan Murano 4dr SL 2WD

Looking to maybe get one.

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up mine last weekend new 04 SL- no touring or leather but with a premium package including power pedals/Bose 6 disc system/roof rack/rear cargo protector/net and more for $26,900. That includes $1,000 cash back from Nissan for their year end event.

I would say I paid a good price for mine.

I could NOT find a higher optioned 04 (Touring/leather) even this late in the game for under $30k. I would have grabbed a Touring SL but The dealer would not BUDGE on the 10 remaining SLs he had on the lot. That is when I went to another dealer and found mine.

So, I would say 27,000-31,000 depending on how many bells and whistles you want...

·
Registered
19 Posts
You are right- that was the negotiated price of the vehicle only. I didn't buy a single dealer option save one- the extended warranty.

I can't remember what I ended up with out the door....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Warranty question

Did you buy the Nissan extended warranty, or one from an outside company? I'd be interested in what you paid. Trying to pick up an 04 if I can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will NEVER in a MILLION years touch a third party warranty again. They are all underwritten by crooks trying to make it impossible for you to get money after paying a premium for the plans. I have had 2 3rd party plans, and-

I had to argue with IGNORANT people. They always tried to treat me like a criminal and that part failure was MY fault so they didn't have to honor the warranty. They would do ANYTHING possible to not honor the contract

They stack up the red tape pretty high to discourage you from getting through it all and getting paid

If you move away from the dealer that you purchased the vehicle from, it makes it that much harder to get work done.

You have to pay for the work up front and then fight them for the claim.

FYI CA has kicked out almost ALL if not ALL 3rd party warranty underwriters- that should tell you something.

I am paying $25/mo for a 7yr 75k mile warranty from Nissan. It has a $50 deductable and covers EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING- gaskets, belts and hoses included. It is honored at ANY NISSAN dealer and is backed by Nissan North America- not underwritten by some hacks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well this is my first post on this forum, as i bought my 04 yesterday.
I think (hope) i made a good deal as i paid $34,000 for a fully loaded 04 SL AWD with the Premium, Sunroof, Leather, Touring, Dynamic and Technology Packages. I was lucky in that i found one that was configured for the Sr. VP at the local dealer, but he changed his mind. So after two days of 4 hour negotiations each, i brought this baby home and couldn't be happier with the car. I love the combination of sports car and utility. Well it's not quite a sports car, but it handles great for an SUV.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When you say technology packages (I've only heard that word in the 05), do you mean the Nav + DVD?
(Exactly what options, and what is the MSRP?)

If you mean the Nav + DVD, then it looks to be a pretty good deal to me.

Without knowing all the options you got, it's hard to tell. I've been asking around if I got a good deal too, and I paid almost $700 below invoice (like 698),

What color did you get?
Welcome....

·
Registered
50 Posts
BordeauxMo said:
When you say technology packages (I've only heard that word in the 05), do you mean the Nav + DVD?
(Exactly what options, and what is the MSRP?)

If you mean the Nav + DVD, then it looks to be a pretty good deal to me.

Without knowing all the options you got, it's hard to tell. I've been asking around if I got a good deal too, and I paid almost $700 below invoice (like 698),

What color did you get?
Welcome....
You're probably right w/ the technology pkg terminology, as i bought an 04, but the dealer only had a brochure for the 05. As far as a listing of options, here it goes:
Silver SL AWD w/ Premium package, Sunroof, Leather, SL Touring, Dynamic Control (VDC, TCS, TPMS), NAV & DVD, Splash Guards and Carpeted Floor Mats.
MSRP was $41,300, but that included the chrome wheels which i had them swap out for the SE wheels. I personally am not a big fan of chrome wheels (too much bling). Furthermore, i'm thinking about going plus 1 or plus 2 on the rims/tires once these wear out, so i didn't see the point in spending extra for rims that's only be on for a year or two.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think that's a good price.... just my opinion. Based on what I've seen on the board and elsewhere on the web (peoples posts).

I'm not a blingy person either, so I didn't want Chrome wheels. They look good, but don't fit my style. I'm eyeing some of the bigger tires after I saw them on here
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1166
Sure I don't need new tires today, but they sure do look nice ~ and the car doesn't look so tiny.

I think that E&G Grille looks nicer than the stock grill.. I'm tempted to do that too!
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2151

·
Registered
30 Posts
I paid about $31K for a tricked-out SL a few months ago...leather, sunroof, Bose stereo, power everything, but no nav.

I still wonder why, at this price, they don't just make a rear bumper guard standard but they don't. I added one of those, a PAC Audio unit for my XM Roady and Ventvisors. I'd say my price was average but it should be cheaper now if you can find one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
When shopping, I got down to a short list of two- Murano and Pilot. The Pilot was definitely the frontrunner, if only because my wife has a new Accord V6 Coupe and it is a lovely quick car.
The Pilot is bigger, heavier, more like a truck, feels solid as a rock. It doesn't have nearly as many toys as the Murano , for about the same price. What made the decision though, was back to back test drives , then going and parking the Mo beside the new Pilot in the Honda parking lot.

Mo is way more fun to drive and looks way better. Case closed. I love my Murano 15, 000 miles later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife final got her murano 2004 SL out the door with tax, etc $27312.04 (- Rebate nissan $1500) total $ 25812.04
This forum is very good , i got good info from this forum.

Thank you guys :D :D :2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alex3 said:
My wife final got her murano today 2004 SL out the door with tax, etc $27312.04 (- Rebate nissan $1500) total $ 25812.04
This forum is very good , i got good info from this forum.

Thank you guys :D :D :2:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
SL FWD am i correct?

Since you are in Tampa, probably you will not the AWD any way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say that you got a great deal on yours! Good for you.

One month later, and I still can't wait to drive it more and more... I relish the opportunity to steal it from my wife and drive it to work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts