Nissan Murano Forum banner

what are the things that stop you to buy a murano?

7K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  GripperDon 
Don't ask me... I love the Murano and have no complaints, especially compared to other vehicles.

If you have to justify buying one, go get something else.:p

Nissan seems to make minor changes at the 2-3 year point and a major change at the 4-5 year point, so the vehicle will never be perfect. Everytime there's a change, there's potential for an error in the design. I think they've got it as close as anyone could get.

Waiting may get you a worse vehicle. You can't be sure. Even in the same model year, some are better than others, which is normal for any vehicle. Or you could get one that's perfect and have someone totall it a day later. Ya just gotta do what you think is right for you.

I bought one that was made in 2002. Risky? Perhaps, but I've been smiling for 14 months now...

A large man with a loaded gun, would stop me from buying a Murano. None of this other stuff that some people have experienced, would....

I had the transmission fail on my 2000 Maxima. They fixed it and it didn't impact my feelings about the vehicle. The dealer was great, so it made me feel pretty good.

Customers want the best vehicle for the best price. I think Nissan's done a fine job. No vehicle is without problems or failures. As long as they're not extremely common or if significant are dealt with professionally, I'm happy.

So far, so good....

MKevin3, I agree with all your observations. On the CVT, the transfer case seems to be more of an issue than the actual transmission. And if it fails bad enough, it damages the CVT which may result in it being replaced as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.