Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Here's the situation. Someone sets your price limit at $35,000 all inclusive.

You have a dog, a 2 year old, a wife, and a 2nd baby coming (knock wood).

You'd like something quick and sporty, preferably with AWD.

Your wife has a Mercury Mountaineer, so an SUV is not essential.

You have test driven many different makes and models, your favorites so far: Nissan Murano, Infiniti G35x, Subaru Legacy GT ltd.

You buy:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
DocCat said:
OK. Here's the situation. Someone sets your price limit at $35,000 all inclusive.

your favorites so far: Nissan Murano, Infiniti G35x, Subaru Legacy GT ltd.

You buy:
The Murano.

You would probably get a different answer on the Infiniti board though....

I wouldn't even put the Subaru on the list. Too boring.

Good luck with the baby!:jump3:

·
Registered
50 Posts
BMW 3-series

As you already have an SUV - i'd get a car. Mine is a 325Ci, but if you want a four door, which i assume you'd want with 2 kids - how about a BMW 325? If you get a 325xi you will get the AWD you're looking for too.
MSRP is around 32k and if you don't go nuts on the options (i'd recommend the sport package and Xenon lights) you can get to right around 35k.
If you go to www.bmwusa.com they have a built your own function that you can play with and give you MSRP (so you know there's some room).

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The G35x. People buy a Murano because they like the SUV styling and the sporty for a crossover performance. You do not appear to have a need for another large vehicle to carry things, so a spacious sedan would be a better option (and be much more fun to drive).

I had a Maxima before the Murano and I admit it was pretty fun to drive, and in 90% of the situations I drive in, the Maxima would be a better vehicle. The Murano does come in handy for really foul weather or carrying things from Home Depot though, but that doesn't happen very often.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I did not have a MO so I sold what you should get. But an 05!

Attachments

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Since the wife already has an SUV..

I think you should get a non SUV.
I love to say you should get the murano, but perhaps 2 suv is a bit too 'much'. IMHO, I will get a sporty roadster or a coupe

1. Trade in wife's suv for a a certified used coupe/roadster like a miata or z3 or s2000. Then buy a murano.

or

2. Buy a coupe like G35 (like what GripperDOn said), the 300 Ci, or even the honda accord coupe. Keep the mercury suv.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Since the wife already has an SUV..

I love the reference. "Eben Honda Accord Coupe"

I agree completely. :4:

SugarRushMurano said:
I think you should get a non SUV.
I love to recomened you the murano, but perhaps 2 suv is a bit too 'much'.
IMHO, I will ge a sporty roadster:

Either:
1. Sold wife's suv, buy a murano, then buy a certified used coupe/roadster like a miata or z3 or s2000.

or

2. Buy a coupe like G35 (like what GripperDOn said), the 300 Ci, or eben honda accord coupe

·
Registered
443 Posts
You already have a conservative, somwhat dull, practical vehicle. Forget practicality completely.

Mitsubishi EVO8 MR

Quick: check
Sporty: check
AWD: check

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd check out the Volvo S40/V50 (can get AWD on them, and 2 body style to choose from). I disagree the Legacy GT is boring. You could also save a lot if you look at the Mazda 6 and Dodge Magnum.

I don't think you should get a coupe. Just too small and you'd have to switch cars if you need to take your kids or the dog with you. If I were you, I will prefer a wagon, cuz you still get your better handling, loads of room and also better mileage!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would get the Subaru GT Wagon. Lots of power, nice interior, a proven AWD design and room for the dog !!!. The Subaru has more cargo room behind the 2nd row seats than the Murano but the 2nd row seats aren't as roomy as the Murano. If your dog is small a sedan may work but if you have a large dog like a labrador it is nice to be able to put the dog in the back.

·
4,664 Posts
For sure, the G35x....

But there's that one deciding factor that no one but yourself can determine. How do you feel when you drive it.

I looked at all kinds of vehicles in 2000, as I was coming out of having a company car. The Maxima captured me. It seemed that Nissan understood how I wanted a car to handle.

Good thing I didn't get the demo car, 'cause they'd have to repair where the salesman's fingers dug in...:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts