Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided on an SL AWD and I'd like to get leather interior. What color should I get? Any thoughts out there?

Here's my initial reactions so far:

Polished Pewter- My favorite so far and probably the one I'll choose. My only concern is whether or not it is too brown?

Super Black- I like it a lot, but I'm told it's very hard to keep clean.

Silver- Very nice, but my current car is silver and I'm tired of it.

Copper- Kind of intriguing but a bit loud for my taste and Nissan will be doing away with it because of sluggish sales.

White- too boring.

Blue- Nice, but I wish it were more "metallic".

Bordeaux- Not my taste.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey.. i was somewhat where you are last week.. but my choices were between black and white.. there was a pewter on the lot.. but it just want my favorite.. after going back and forth between the black and white i ended up picking the white... i am most definately happy with my choice.. i love how the white has that pearl effect.. just that pearl effect makes it a whole lot better than just your everyday white... let me tell you, when i saw the car coming from the side all detailed up... i felt like i made the best decision in my life... hahaha

if you decide to go with the leather.. the white on leather is really nice.. the tan leather is a good reason why i went with the white... the tan has a nice elegant feeling to it.. with the black i felt like i was beeing closed in a tight space cuz it was so dark..

as for owning a black car.. my last car was black.. and as much as i love the looking of a nice clean smooth looking black car.. its never as nice as the day you bought it.. it was the biggest pain to maintain.. hope this helps.. sorry for the long post...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, you could always try feng shui . . .

O.K., so everything I know on this subject can be engraved on the head of a pin. I just thought it was kind of amusing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
CopperKat, that was interesting...

I ended up being an 8. AND I did own a yellow 1957 Chevy at one point in my life. Who knows, I might trade my Glacier MO in 2005 - if they have a yellow one. LOL.

DocCat > My choice was between the pewter and the silver. But when I got up close to the Glacier, I was converted. I use to tell myself that white wasn't even a color,
but like jay said - the pearl made the difference. I thought the lines and design on the pearl MO were more distinct and that the chrome and black details stood out the best IMHO.
PS. I had a metallic cherokee before the MO.

I know that might have sounded very biased but it all comes down to preference. What ever color your gut tells you to get WILL be the right one.

You can't go wrong with the MO.

good luck

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I went in to buy my MO, the Pewter one that I selected somehow was sold before I could actually buy it. Pewter was my first choice, and no, it's not too brown.

The remaining color choices of available MOs in my desired configuration were Copper, Silver, and Black. Copper is too loud for me as well, and low life idiots like to scratch Black cars around here. So, it was Silver for me.

Go for the Pewter, it's classy.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
WHAT'S WITH ALL OF THIS TALK ABOUT COPPER BEING TOO LOUD!?!?

I think that regardless of what you get, you cannot go wrong. I chose copper just because it was a different color and up until yesterday I never saw one in my neck of the woods. I also thought that the glacier was an awesome color. Good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
29 Posts
What color should get?

When I started looking at MO's, I was leaning towards a Gold or a Black one. The Gold MO's did not have the features I wanted and The Black shows stratches and dirt too easily. I had not intially even considered a Pewter, but when I went back (when the dealer was closed) and took a long look at all the colors........I finally made up my mind. PEWTER!

Here in Vegas, there is a lot of dust due to the fact we are out in the desert and that construction is going on all the time. If you leave your car outside for a hour or more.......you are going to have a layer of fine dust coating your car.

A co-worker has a Black G35 and at the end of the day the G35 is clearly dusty and dirty, while my Pewter MO almost camoflages the dust, you have to be right up to the MO to see that it's dirty.
I love it......it's dirty but looks clean. (until I get it home and dust it off, etc.)

I suggest going to the dealer after hours or if they are closed on Sundays and taking your time (un-hurried by a dealer) comparing the colors for a while.

Good Luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
I started out as definitely wanting black in my Murano, it is very strong. My wife bought a black Honda Accord V6 Coupe last year, and it is a beautiful machine - but vey hard to keep looking good.

I also liked Gold and White, but Pewter was the final choice- classy look, hides dirt well, and I never noticed any 'brown'.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry Snow MO,

I don't mean to offend the Copper MOs owners. I should have stressed that the color too loud for me, personally. Different strokes for different folks, right? I actually like the color when I see other Copper MOs go by, it's very cool looking. It's just not for me. and this is a "good thing"... if everybody thought Copper was the best looking color, then most people would be buying Copper MOs and you'd be seeing Copper MOs all over the place.

In all fairness, I consider Silver "plain looking" and very common. How many silver autos do you see on the road on any given day especially rent-a-cars)?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I really like the copper but I was afraid it would wear off to quickly like the fad of orange cars back in the mid 70's. They were awesome at first, but 5 years later you could barely give it away. I ended up choosing a Pewter/black, classic and beautiful in my eyes.

Asking someone else's opinion on color is like asking what color pants you should wear this morning. No correct answers, just personal opions. ;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
HwnMurano said:
Sorry Snow MO...
No offense taken. I was just joking around! :2:

I got copper because I knew that it wasnt going to be a very 'mass produced' color and also because when I bought the Murano I was 21, I was looking for a car that was different, even amongst its own. So far I have only seen 3 other sunlit copper muranos. I like it that way! ;) Buy some other color!:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wanted black and I love it - with the exception of washing it. There isn't anything that looks better than black when it is clean - which is the first 12 hours after you wash it.

Blue - I saw one with chrome wheels and I fell in love. I've seen others with the stock wheels and it looks nice - but not nearly as stunning as the chrome.

We thought about the Glacier Pearl - it is very pretty - I didn't like it with the tan interior. If I lived in in a hot state or I was 80 - I could see doing it. It just seemed that it'd fit in nicely at the nursing home. My Typhoon is white with black interior and I didn't want to duplicate that.

The Pewter really has grown on me. I think I'd do Pewter with black leather. It has to be one of my top 3 color choices.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Pewter/black leather combination. Pewter is not too brown. It does tend to change color though depending on how much light is hitting it. When I first saw Pewter on the dealer's lot on a very sunny day, I thought it looked gray.

I went with Pewter because of the light color/ less dirty looking factor and because it's a sophisticated color. Truth is though I'd have been happy with any of the colors. They're all gorgeous and it was a tough decision.

You'll love your Murano no matter what color you choose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If I lived in in a hot state or I was 80 - I could see doing it. It just seemed that it'd fit in nicely at the nursing home
Ouch Dave, I've heard a lot of people say the Cafe Latte interior had an elegant look, but I never thought it aged us so much.

Pewter/ Latte leather just plain rock my world and I'm not quite 80 (yet). :cursin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was going to be offended too... until I looked outside and realized I lived in a Hot State! Oh well, off to the beach! Have a safe 4th everyone.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Suprised nobody has suggested Luminous Gold. Wasn't my first choice...or my second for that matter. But the more I looked the more it grew on me.
As for the interior I had a concern that the Cabernet might not be so well received some time later at resale. As for Charcoal, since I like to keep my MO clean inside and out, I knew that every little spec of dust or whatever would drive me to distraction. I also feel a darker colour, especially charcoal, seems to make the inside smaller. Hence Latte it is which for my money gives a very spacious feeling to an already generous interior space.

So DocCat - what have you selected??

·
4,601 Posts
I like most of the colours on the Murano, I don't think there's a bad one. My favourites were tied between Silver and Copper with Gold as a runner up. I really like the lines of the windows and found these colours showed them off the best. The black accents overall really stood out with the lighter colours.

With the huge dash, I was concerned the lighter interiour would give too much glare in bright sun, so that steered me towards the charcoal. It's not been bad to keep clean and no worse than the tan I had in my Maxima.

I knew silver would be popular, it always is, so I was thinking copper, as it reminded me of my 1972 Kawasaki H1 500 which was orange. I asked my wife, she said, the copper's hot, what's the problem?

I still love the copper, no regrets. While I like the other colours and admire a Murano no matter what the colour, I know for me, I made the right choice. It fit's with the "Hot Wheels" theme that the vehicle has for me. If it wasn't leased, I'd be tempted to put shadow flames on it!:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Decision:

My first choice (depending on availability of the local dealers) is Polished Pewter with Latte interior.

My second choice is a tie right now between Gold and Blue.

·
Registered
261 Posts
:rolleyes:

Hi I am going with the blue or pol put but the dealer has black int in stock I want the tan color inside Also any ideas on sl-se I have a mazda milenna rides hard and handles great.So what should I do the dealer is selling the sl for loaded with nav 33000 less 1000 rebate sounds good and giving me a good number on my trade I
love the car so any input .I spun the steering wheel and no power loss so is that all gone now?? any 04 issues ??

Thank You All
This is a great site

·
Registered
65 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
I wanted black and I love it - with the exception of washing it. There isn't anything that looks better than black when it is clean - which is the first 12 hours after you wash it.
There is no better looking color than black..... when it is clean. That's why I wouldn't have one for a daily driver. That being said, if you take care of black it can look awesome for years. This is original paint on my 1988 Carerra.

I went with Pewter for my daily driver Murano. I love the look.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts