Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

Been lurking here for ahwile and am curious as to what everyone paid for their Murano (year, trim, type, packages). Seems that I see a lot of deep discounts here in the Chicago area leading me to believe I can probably get behind the wheel of one of these trimmed up as I prefer for under $30k - or roughly $500 or more below invoice.

The Murano I desire to relocate to my garage is a glacier pearl with caffe latte interior with the SL leather package. No AWD, just FWD.

MSRP runs about $33,200 and from my calculations, I see the fair market value in this area as (at the extreme low end, $29,200 and at the high, $30,200).

If I can snag one sub $30k, I am a taker.

Is this realistic? Or am I hoping for too much. I noticed that my color of choice doesnt seem to be overally popular, thus maybe this is to my benefit.

Further, I am trading in a 1997 Nissan 240SX, so hoping I can get some loyalty love on the trade (anybody with any success)?

Thanks in advance from a future (hopefully) Murano owner

:2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my MO from Fergus Nissan...

$27,250 for SL FWD and it has leather heated seats.

If u want the leather package it's $32,260 MSRP from the nissan website. I don't know if u can get one for under 30k with leather package...but u never know

Look at some ads in the paper cause sometimes they have the good deals there that don't show up when u look at dealer inventories online.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Posting total prices is kind of deceiving since everyone has different model and option packages.

I paid $1190 under invoice for my Murano in June 2003. I got a killer deal due in part to some paperwork error from the dealer (original agreed on price was $650 under invoice).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply..........

Where is Fergus Nissan (city, burbs?)

So you got the base SL FWD w/ just the leather package? I should have been more clear, I meant the SL Touring package is what I desire, so MSRP is $33k ish.

Do you have an 2003 or something, when maybe the packages were diff, as $27k is an insane price given that the cheapest leather package is $3500.

Cars Direct and Carmax online both deal the set up I want at $29,800, so I am hopeful I can do the same at an actual dealership.

On a side note, how has it handled in the winter with just the FWD?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
My MO

2004 Polished Pewter Nissan Murano with charcoal
interior FWD.

MSRP $35,810

Internet Price $32,718

NAVIGATION PKG
SL TOURING PKG
VDC DYNAMIC CONTROL

I got mine from Team Nissan of Lithia Springs Georgia.

I have currently 650 miles and have had it a week and a half.

:) Ciao Carl

http://www.autonation.com/

Also I went onto the dealers website and printed out a Gold Service Agreement for a Free 3 year service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
04 Silver SL AWD Touring Package Dynamic Control Package Floor Mats Cargo Rubber Mat Splash Guard $31912

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
03 SL Nissan AWD bare bone, clothe seat...

for $27,300 INCLUDES handling fees.

After tax (5%) and tag, it ended up to $29K
Dealer throw in a booklet of service coupons (up to 60K miles), free wheel locks, all weather mats, and cargo net .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just picked mine up 6 days ago. Yessssssssssss
I have the SL 2d, with the Premium package. Paid $27,750 plus tax.
OOO yEA with a Cloth Interior.

I think it was a fair price.
I hope it was:)

·
101 Posts
I live in Chicago, too. I took delivery on my MO last August. I used my credit union's buying service and they put my in contact with North Shore Nissan in Highland Park. I wanted a fully loaded Sunlit Copper/black leather, SL AWD, including Navigator. I got a written quote of $300 below dealer invoice (their "Internet Price"). The MSRP was nearly $38,000. I paid $33,900 (including delivery, not including any other fees or taxes).

Downside was that I had to wait over a month until they found the combination I wanted. They finally found one in Michigan and had it driven to Chicago at no charge to me (though the trip added over 100 miles to the odo.). It even had mud guards, OEM floor mats, and sunroof windscreen, but they stuck to their original quote (i.e. the additional items were included free).

While I was shopping around, I also got a good deal from Mid City Nissan on Irving Pk road, though it wasn't as low as Northshore. It was a couple hundred over invoice, I think. They are sister stores with Star Nissan (Niles?) so they share inventory and usually have a pretty good selection. They actually had the exact model I desired, but I wanted the lower price at Northshore. And, unfortunately, Mid City would not trade with Northshore (they probably recognized the configuration requested and knew it was for me).

For service, I go to Mid City since they are closer to where I live. Their Service Department is also friendlier and more attentive than North Shore Nissan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$33,712 including freight, PDI, tire/air-con tax etc... Sales tax extra.
Murano SE, AWD, Fully Loaded no Navigation.

I'm from Canada so it was actually $44,500 Canadian which translates to the above. In Canada there is only the SL or SE or SE with Navigation in FWD or AWD. There is no options list like the US has. My vehicle is the SE fully loaded with AWD, no Nav.

For Canadian Buyers I know for a fact that if you take the MSRP and deduct $4,000 you have dealer cost. Start at this number and work up. The MSRP for my vehicle is as follows:

Canadian $ Base MSRP
$46,900.00
Total Designed MSRP† $46,900.00
Destination & Delivery $981.00
Total* (before taxes) $47,881.00 ($36,273 US if conversion of 1.32 used)

So if you deduct $4,000 from 47,881.00 you get $43,881 plus the dealer usually as a $135.00 admin fee and tire/air con tax which gets added on. After you total all this up you see I paid about $450.00 over cost which wasn't a bad deal.

I'm happy so far!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stonemaster-

I saw that deal at the BCU credit union myself. Searched for Murano discount on Yahoo and it came up on about the 3rd page. Pretty good deal, although, now I think you could probably swing $300 below invoice at a high percentage of dealers. Read some forums on Edmunds and a few have gotten theirs $500-$1000 below invoice, but I would gladly take $300. That would mean about $29k-30k for mine (no AWD, no Navi)

I am actually thinking about joining BCU just to get te "no hassle" deal. I live in DuPage County, but work up in Lake County. Were you a member before your purchase?

Great bit of info.........thanks for sharing...........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got mine Saturday at Fletcher-Jones Imports, downtown-SL,AWD, Pewter w/ Sunroof and premium package, floormats,splash guards, and cargo area protector. It stickered at $33090. Got it for $30159. What killed me was the 8.75% taxes here in the windy city!

·
101 Posts
cookpr said:
Stonemaster-

I saw that deal at the BCU credit union myself. Searched for Murano discount on Yahoo and it came up on about the 3rd page. Pretty good deal, although, now I think you could probably swing $300 below invoice at a high percentage of dealers. Read some forums on Edmunds and a few have gotten theirs $500-$1000 below invoice, but I would gladly take $300. That would mean about $29k-30k for mine (no AWD, no Navi)

I am actually thinking about joining BCU just to get te "no hassle" deal. I live in DuPage County, but work up in Lake County. Were you a member before your purchase?

Great bit of info.........thanks for sharing...........
I have been a member of my CU since 1989 or thereabouts. It's in Lake County. I did read about all the great deals others have gotten, but I'm still happy with the deal I got PLUS there wasn't any haggling or hassles.

Also, I sold my last two cars on Cars.com rather than trading them in. I sold them for twice what the dealers offered as trade-ins. My brother also sold his car on Cars.com and likewise made double the dealer's offer. All cars sold in less than a week. One of mine sold less than 12 hours after I placed the ad! I highly recommend this route if your car is in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
53 Posts
cookpr said:
Thanks for the reply..........

Where is Fergus Nissan (city, burbs?)

So you got the base SL FWD w/ just the leather package? I should have been more clear, I meant the SL Touring package is what I desire, so MSRP is $33k ish.

Do you have an 2003 or something, when maybe the packages were diff, as $27k is an insane price given that the cheapest leather package is $3500.

Cars Direct and Carmax online both deal the set up I want at $29,800, so I am hopeful I can do the same at an actual dealership.

On a side note, how has it handled in the winter with just the FWD?

Thanks
Fergus Nissan is in the suburbs...

I got the base SL FWD and I think the leather and heated seats were dealer installed.

Driving the MO with FWD in the winter was ok. i never got stuck in the snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts