Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Murano is one year old this month. For its birthday I cleaned and waxed it today and the paint looks shiny and nice.

I am noticing on the chrome trim on the grill, rear bumper and below the doors that there are spots that look like water spots that do not come off easily. A lot of rubbing and buffing does get them off but I am looking for an easier way.

I am old and remember using 00 steel wool on bumpers when they really were chrome. These trim pieces look like plastic to me and I am afraid to try that.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
725 Posts
White vinegar is what I try first, then some rubbing alcohol usually does the trick if it is a really stubborn.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My 2018 Murano is one year old this month. For its birthday I cleaned and waxed it today and the paint looks shiny and nice.

I am noticing on the chrome trim on the grill, rear bumper and below the doors that there are spots that look like water spots that do not come off easily. A lot of rubbing and buffing does get them off but I am looking for an easier way.

I am old and remember using 00 steel wool on bumpers when they really were chrome. These trim pieces look like plastic to me and I am afraid to try that.

Suggestions?
Black Magic Chrome Cleaner, then a coat of Turtle Wax for Chrome. I'll usually get 4 or 5 washes before have to do it again, unless I've been driving at night and drive thru a bug bomb.

I also use the Black Magic Chrome Cleaner on a cloth to remove stubborn dried bug guts from the windshield, the front edge of the car and the back of the mirrors. Always finish with a clear water rinse to remove any residue. Buff dry.

No way should steel wool be used on any modern chrome piece, unless you want to permanently damage it.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can use the Klasse Twins (AIO/SG) to clean and seal it. This is a plastic chrome finish and not real chrome. You should treat it the same like your car paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ZeroChalk
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing