Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see JAAK's and Gripper Dons post are down like they lost some. Just wondering why? :confused:

·
5,244 Posts
Weird, indeed.

Either "software upgrade", database maintenance or simply authors deleted their posts.........but so many?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Jaak deleted a few posts he started, since he didn't they were necessary anymore. When you delete the first post in a thread you started, the entire thread is deleted, and all posts (made by other people) are also deleted. I lost posts as well!

So what the posts are down, the order is still the same. I never paid attention to the numbers anyways.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe he just wanted to re-live the whole 4000 thing!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding Jaak. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I was going to say "Jaak did it" but I kept telling myself to backoff....

Now it turns out he really did it!

By the way, is the thread starter the "owner" of the thread and all information in it? I don't think so. As a moderator I am sure jaak has a better judgment but who is to say that someone else may not decide to just remove "their" thread and a whole bunch of good information with it?

I think this forom needs to do what most others do...Once someone else other than the thread starter posts, the only way to get rid of the thread is through the admin.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Looks like the change has been implemented. I just tried to delete a thread I had started a zilion years ago but it would not let me...

We could have used this a few days ago...I guess better late than never...Now is there a way for us to get the missing information back...?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Looks like the change has been implemented. I just tried to delete a thread I had started a zilion years ago but it would not let me...

We could have used this a few days ago...I guess better late than never...Now is there a way for us to get our missing posts back...?

Seeing how the post count affected all the frequent posters by roughly the same amount, I don't think there is much we can do to restore the old posts. (Well nothing I can think of anyways)

I think it must be a moderator/admin only thing where deletion of the first post in a thread is allowed - not that I would do anything like that without announcing it first! :)

Recently I have noticed some strange thread alterations - i.e. some thread unsticked when they should not have been and vice versa. I can only be certain that I did not do them (unless someone asked me to) and I find it unlikely any of the mods (who are usually quite busy) would go around randomly unsticking/sticking posts. I am guessing we've hit a few bugs, but nothing a watchful eye wouldn't catch so I'm not too worried about it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Thanks Eric for staying on top of this. I was not really worried about the post count (I can spend a few hours bumping every thread and have 6000 posts before dinner!) I was however concerned about loss of good information. Hopefully we will not experience any more bugs....:D

·
4,601 Posts
No bugs, I deleted some posts I no longer wanted on the forum, and of those, some were first posts. Those were just project info posts, which I still have the data for and anyone is welcome to. Just let me know!

Things like the audio interface project that I stopped when Pac brought out theirs, and the manual shift for SL's. (Trust me, I'd much rather have the SL shifter after running the manual shift for a while and I've converted mine back.)

Anything ya want, just say the word....:)

Oh, and for the Xfiles fans out there, I only deleted my posts, in the capacity of a member, not as an moderator, so don't go all freakin' conspiracy on me.... Go do something useful instead.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
jaak said:
Things like the audio interface project that I stopped when Pac brought out theirs, and the manual shift for SL's. (Trust me, I'd much rather have the SL shifter after running the manual shift for a while and I've converted mine back.)

Anything ya want, just say the word....:)
What was wrong with keeping these two topics in the forum? I know you were the top (if not the only) contributor but SL shifter project was something that should have stayed....

·
4,601 Posts
They both looked like dead ends to me, but if you'd like, we can restart them... Create the threads and I'll post to them, when I get a chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts