Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do for summer vacation when you live in a
vacation hot spot and am retired?

Well, what we did was go to Jekyll island, GA for a month, and then drove up to NJ and PA to see folks.

3300 miles and no problems with the Murano.
23.7 MPG for the trip.
That's about 2000 miles at 70 MPH
and 1000 miles at 75 MPH and about 300
miles "in town".
Very satisfied.
As to the Murano not getting the advertised MPG, I see no problem.
I would bet the pink slip that the Murano would get in EXCESS of 25MPG at 55 mPH (which is what the EPA mandates). I see 24.5 or 24.7 at 70-75 MPH on the hwy (using the computer readout...which on my car is VERY close to the manual calculation)

Of course I use only Premium gasoline. Highest price paid was $3.449. Lowest was $2.999
And I am now running synthetic Oil (Mob1 10-30) and run my tires at the factory 33 pounds all around.
Perhaps more significantly we packed for a 30 day stay in a cottage. So we had at least 400 pounds of cargo plus two adults.

If this car could stay out of the dealership it would be the finest car I have ever owned.

I noted that the USA today published a story a week or so ago that showed that 3 year reliability of Nissan was below average. Several domestic makes were above average and Buick (IIRC) was better than all, including Lexus.

Anyway, we had a great time and I should be here with more regularity.
I did post a couple of times while traveling but dial up on a laptop is not my idea of fun!

Now, about those tires.......
The car now has 36,300 mile and it's time.
I "could" get some more mileage as the wear seems to have almost stopped. But I don't like driving on wet roads with minimal tread, so I would guess that sometime next week, or the week after, I will be putting 4 new BridgeStone HP Dueler Sports on the Gold Rush.
After all, we have a 2000 mile trip to TX and OK set for Sept 1.................:2:

It IS good to be home.

Homer

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome back Homer. What did I do for my vacation you asked? I hit all the hot spots, Publix supermarket, Kroger and when we are going crazy, I go to Wallmart and Home Depot all in the same day. Oh yeah, I cut my grass too.
Gas mileage sounds good and what I expected, hope you had fun.
Bob1

·
5,244 Posts
Welcome home, Homer!

Your impressions with Murano are similar to mine. It is an amazing cruiser, especially after the deadening project. If only reliability improved...

·
Registered
28 Posts
My vacation: XBOX 360! Too much Oblivion and alot of Ghost Recon. I am still trying to find a MO in the Demo version of Saint's Row (akin to GTA on steriods).

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts