Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on the floor of our ‘11 Murano. No clue where it came from. Not 100% sure it came from the car, but pretty sure.
Any clue?

·
Super Moderator
8,284 Posts
It's hard to figure out how big it is without something in the photo to judge for scale.

If the leaf is an indication of size, I'd guess that it's some kind of hose clip or retainer.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looks like something that would go on the handlebars of a bike. Just a thought.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I agree with @PaulDay, it looks like it may be a bar mount for a GPS or GoPro camera...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has like rubber isolation mounts on the side that allow whatever it is claiming together some flex between the two.
C clamp part is too small for handlebars. Only about 5/8” “pipe” would fit in them

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,284 Posts
That square mount on top looks like it is a receiver for the bottom mount on a camera, like a 35MM or maybe a GoPro (I don't know whether the mount size is the same.

How about more information to help us with the question of why this in your car and you've never seen it?,

For example, did you just buy this vehicle? Have you been transporting friends on camping trips or similar events where they could have left something behind?

Any context may help, but it sounds like you don't own it and have never used it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It just showed up on the floor behind/below the front seats. We have owed the car for about 7 years now and haven't transported anything abnormal that would have yielded it. I made the assumption it was a part that belongs to the car (seat?) or some other interior attachment simply because I couldn't point it to belonging to anything else.

I suppose it is possible it was hidden in a dark corner under our seat from the previous owner and it just now rolled back or was bumped while vacuuming?

If this isn't a nissan part, I'n not concerned in the slightest. I'll just chuck it. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some place on the car's interior this belonged before I tossed it.

Seems like it is garbage bound.

·
Super Moderator
8,284 Posts
I'd bet that it's a shock-absorbing mount for a camera, and it clips over handlebars on a bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts