Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has highlighted an intriqueing difference between the UK (European) and US models....

Who can figure out what this box is for....

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is really the Murano engine bay...It comes of my nice Cayman Blue model with headlight washers...Couldn't be the reservoir ;-) Just kidding...

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you try to take your hand under this cover. I am interested is there something or its only empty cover??

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm thinking and thinking, and it think this is added radiator for our CVT. And i think it's there because there wasn't any free place so they made this construction. I remeber that i have read in Polish magazine that european CVT it's reconstructed to cope with high speed.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I wonder whats beneath the extra plastic hood. If its empty, then perhaps its just a small hood scoop to direct air to the throttle body (to cool the intake air?). I'm grabbing at straws here - I guess we just need to know whats underneath there!

I doubt they would mount a CVT cooler so high up in the bay. If anything, I would imagine an aux tranny cooler be more of the traditional "in series" mount in front of the radiator/condensor type, probably connected to outlet pipe of the standard cooler beneath the radiator (else you'd be heating the CVT fluid back up to 190 degree coolant temp if it were reversed).

I also notice your brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder is on the right side, which kind of makes sense being right hand drive.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless someone can guess in the mean time, it will have to wait until the weekend...I am about to go on a 250 miles journey up to Liverpool and have to leave the Murano for my wife....

I'll see whether I can remove it without damaging in the weekend.

·
4,601 Posts
I wonder if there's a site for UK service manuals...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you find one can you let me know ;-)

There is a site where you can buy the TIS and EPC, but as it is a Russian domainname I am a little hesitant to give them my credit card details...

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
wise decision
I have most of Russia's ISPs blocked from contacting my domain.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Only to answer zebelkhan......
(don't wanna get spanked for yakkin inna thread)
Russia is king of spam and hackers....well, 2nd in spam, Korea has to be No.1 there. Russia is king of phishing though....

Now back to the thread.
What is behind the cover?
:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I got Medusa's look when I went with tools near the engine bay, so I had to backout of dismantling things....

Upon daylight visual inspection and putting my hand underneath the cover I noticed that what ever is underneath that cover is not linked to the radiator directly. Just the cover is fixed just above the radiator, but the inside is linked to what ever is at the end of the arrow in the picture below....

Maybe that may help some of you techie's out ;-)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Hmmm it just looks like an extra scoop for air to the airbox. The arrow you drew is pointing to the mass air meter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great it has got something to do with Air...Don't think it is an air scoop though...The thing that is inside it is wrapped in tough black plastic....No openings or anything...

I guess I have to ask a dealer....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
dejongj said:
Great it has got something to do with Air...Don't think it is an air scoop though...The thing that is inside it is wrapped in tough black plastic....No openings or anything...

I guess I have to ask a dealer....
Then its probably a resonator box. Most likely to decrease intake noise (now why would you want that?!).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts