Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, in terms of financing it will depend on the person who is buying it. And for any rebates/incentives, I can find that info myself. But what do y'all consider a "good" deal on the Murano? 2% over invoice? Below invoice? Anything below MSRP?

I'll begin seriously investigating the purchase of a Murano later in the spring/early summer, and it's nice to know what kinds of deals are possible. TIA for your input.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got mine at 100 bucks over invoice, so I know at least that much is possible.

·
Registered
128 Posts
AlexD said:
Nice deal...that helps.
Also, depending on the dealership you may have to really work for a deal.

We did... it almost wasnt worth it. At oen point my wife was seriously reconsidering a Honda CRV.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just got an 05 for $250.00 below invoice.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
milgrad said:
I just got an 05 for $250.00 below invoice.....
Oh, I was just owned hehe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zboy, yeah, I'm not a big haggler. Fortunately there are several dealerships in the area, so if one of them gives me a hard time, I'll walk without giving it a second thought.

Milgrad, that sounds like a good deal, too. I'm glad there are such deals to be had.

·
Registered
128 Posts
AlexD said:
Zboy, yeah, I'm not a big haggler. Fortunately there are several dealerships in the area, so if one of them gives me a hard time, I'll walk without giving it a second thought.

Milgrad, that sounds like a good deal, too. I'm glad there are such deals to be had.
Dealers differ. When I bought my Z at a different dealership, it took me 20 minutes to get them to 500 over invoice at which point we sealed the deal.

The Murano took 3.5 hours. We walked three times and each time they would agree to our price. We would then go back and sit down but they would pull some other crap on us.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i paid 1k under invoice for a 05 SL AWD with sunroof, 29,700. Now i spent a great deal of time. They originally offered me 250 + invoice.

·
Registered
419 Posts
that is actually only 700 under invoice...but still how were you able to manage that?

·
Registered
120 Posts
05 Murano SL, AWD, Touring, Tech, VDC, cargo area protector, floor mats, sunroof wind deflector, roofrail crossbars and splash guards. Invoice - 35282, I paid 34200 plus about 150 bucks doc fees and registration. Obviously, then came the tax *cringe*. Financed at 3% at the dealer.

I read www.carbuyingtips.com cover to cover and used www.fightingchance.com package to negotiate. I recommend these websites.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am curious here.. Nissans holdback is what 2 or 2.5%? Even on 30,000 bucks thats only 600 dollars. So why would they sell it for less than that? They would really be losing money, right?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cool deal

I paid 700 under invoice on a loaded MO with nav and a SE, Sticker was 39997 I paid 35500 with Sirius radio I thing I did OK

:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
The truth is we don't know what arrangements manufacturers make with dealerships. Yeah, there is holdback and wholesale financial reserve and marketing support but there is much more that we do not know. So the key is not to intellectualize too much and try to get the lowest deal possible. Nobody should be paying invoice for a Nissan Murano. www.carsdirect.com has them for 100 below invoice. If you beat carsdirect you did well. If you are contemplating buying a new car, DO NOT even think about it before you memorize the entire www.carbuyingtips.com website.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MSRP on my fully loaded 04 AWD SL was $37,560. I paid $29,995, this included a $1,500 factory incentive. The dealer had five vehicles all exactly alike in Sunlit Copper. I was just in the right place at the right time.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
sricha

AS I used to live next door to you in Los Gatos Iwould say we were both in the right place at the right time. Lovely area. GRIP :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
my 29700 included the processing fee as well. The invoice they showed me was 30,650 or so. The only way i got this was to go to multiple dealerships and get the other to commit to the lower price. I told them i am buying today and give me your best deal. I spent all together over 10 hrs over the president day weekend working this deal. Also they wanted 1800 or so for the warrenty and i got them down to 1300 or so. 5yr/100k

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my loaded '05 SL for $500 under invoice on 12/24/04. I used the fax attack method (see www.fightingchance.com).

I faxed about 15 dealerships, and at least three were willing to sell me the Murano for $500 under invoice. None had a Murano with the options I wanted in stock, but one of them got one in a few days. That was the dealer I went with.

If I were to do it over again, I probably would use email instead of faxes.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
AlexD said:
Obviously, in terms of financing it will depend on the person who is buying it. And for any rebates/incentives, I can find that info myself. But what do y'all consider a "good" deal on the Murano? 2% over invoice? Below invoice? Anything below MSRP?

I'll begin seriously investigating the purchase of a Murano later in the spring/early summer, and it's nice to know what kinds of deals are possible. TIA for your input.
I got mine for $500 under invoice from http://www.new-nissans.com/ (who happens to be relatively local for me). When I was e-mailing all the dealers in Washington State I got a couple offers for under invoice, a couple for $250 over invoice, and one idiot that wanted to give me a "really good deal of $2500 over invoice" and then couldn't figure out why I was laughing at him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey there

I got me 05 Murano SL in Black for $965 under invoice with 3% financing for 60 months - got fabric and paint guard thrown in too.
I got mine with no options except the splash guards/cargo protector

We went there right at the end of the month and specifically said we intended to go to other Nissan dealerships on that day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts