Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently on a business trip in FL and got an '06 S as a rental. Prior to my trip, my choices were FX35 awd/touring or TL 5at/navi...

From my research so far, the TL is the best bang for the buck since I can get a navi model at invoice price + tax/tags/fees which is still under MSRP out the door.

The FX as the '06s are still fresh, dealers seem to want $450+/mo for them and are selling them at or above sticker. I rented one last year for this same trip and loved it.

So after reading all that, what brings me to Murano? Well I was curious enough to rent one. I love the new gauge cluster illumination and the color screen information LCD. The CVT shifts wonderfully and theres tons of pickup, just mash the pedal. Also on highway stints, I averaged max 26.6mpg driving 50-75mph feathering the gas. Around town with the same driving style, im getting 21mpg. All I need to make a Murano perfect is that FX exhaust note. I just tried out the backseats and its really roomy!

What makes or breaks the deal now is what Nissan leases these cars for. I'm not looking to put much down if at all. I'm looking to lease 24/27mo (roughly 2 years), 10k/yr. If I can score one of these < $400/mo I'm sold!!

'06 AWD SL, Touring+Leather, XM, Navi/ (Bose if its worth it).

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
frankmo said:
I'm currently on a business trip in FL and got an '06 S as a rental. Prior to my trip, my choices were FX35 awd/touring or TL 5at/navi...

From my research so far, the TL is the best bang for the buck since I can get a navi model at invoice price + tax/tags/fees which is still under MSRP out the door.

The FX as the '06s are still fresh, dealers seem to want $450+/mo for them and are selling them at or above sticker. I rented one last year for this same trip and loved it.

I can not comment on the lease rate as I own my MO (financed and paid for) and never inquire about Nissan leasing.

However, here are what I think you can do.

I will skip the TL unless you can get a really excellent deal (i.e $300/month 0 down lease for 12,xxx miles/yr). Front Wheel Drive has its advantages (interior room, traction in snow, etc.), but powerful front wheel drive cars like the TL suffer from oversteer and lose a bit of that "sporty feel" that Rear Wheel Drive offers.

The new 3 series is a better alternative for me if i want to get a sporty sedan. The lease deal is awesome as BMW is subsidizing them. I saw a $389 lease deal for 36 month at bmwusa.com

infiniti FX or MO? mmm tough choice... :)
They are completely diff car on very diff platform.
It depends on your purpose whether you want a touring car (MO) or a more sporty ride (FX). FX has less interior room, and the material in the FX is not very very much higher quality than the MO. On the other if you are talking about lexus'......(I want to see Kris respond to this sentence :2: )

Not to mention if you do care on mpg figures.
MO with CVT will give you better mpg than an FX35.
I say you should go with the MO.

Will you consider buying/owning a used FX35 instead? an 04 and 05 can be had for very reasonable price as first yr depreciation has been swallowed by some other fellow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nissan does not offer a mileage break for 10K mile/year leases on the Murano (only the 350Z). Their standard residual is for 15K miles/year with a residual bump for 12K miles.

In addition, right now, the term with the lowest payment is 42 months, since that is where they are offering the lowest lease rate.

You sound like you are shopping lease payments instead of shopping for the actual selling price (capitalized cost). I suggest you read this thread and educate yourself on the in's and out's of leasing.

New programs will be out on Tuesday and I will post the new numbers in this forum when they are available.

As for the FX, ever since the model refresh this year, the lease rates have not been as favorable.

There is a special lease rate on the Lexus RX330 right now. This is in an effort to push them out in favor of the RX350 that is coming in a couple of months.

Finally, the X3 has very good rates and residuals right now, if that is your cup of tea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts