Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried both an Android s6 and iPhone 6 app version of nissan connect, hooked up to the Murano via BT and also via USB. Basically the only app I got on the Murano screen is "Google Search" and it does work.

No other apps show up despite enabling them - pandora, iheart, facebook, twitter, etc.

Have gone though the Owners portal, setup the apps, activated the car in the app, etc.

Has anyone had luck with apps? I have a '15 Platinum.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you have the 15 with Tech...the only app you will be able to use is Google search...Unfortunately.

Lots of posts about it, lots of irritated owners but is what it is...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Google search and Iheart were the only two apps I could get to work. Very disappointing. Lot of time wasted trying to see if I could get any useful apps installed. I gave up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Google search and Iheart were the only two apps I could get to work. Very disappointing. Lot of time wasted trying to see if I could get any useful apps installed. I gave up.
Your able to get IHEARTRADIO on your MO directly??

·
Registered
220 Posts
When I picked up our Murano I swore there was a Facebook and another icon with the Google icon, when I went to connect for the first time through my phone and Nissan connect I saw an update notification on the screen ...after that I only saw Google, Facebook and I think TripAdvisor were gone.

I'm thinking after what Chrysler went through with the hacking of their vehicles Nissan panicked and removed apps that could possibly be hacked or were poorly programmed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, sorry I mispoke. Never was able to get the iheart app to display. It only works on bluetooth. I even went as far as to contact iheart radio. I was told "iHeartRadio doesn’t appear to be compatible with your model as it has a navigation unit". Told me to contact Nissan for other options. I will not be using this useless (NissanConnect) feature. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
The entire Nissan/Infiniti connect feature is a failure. My previous car was the infiniti q50 and many customers felt lied to with the whole apps feature. When the car was being released, they advertised it as supporting Facebook, iHeart radio, Pandora, Google and more. A year or two after its release they were able to provide all except Pandora.

After trying the facebook app in the infiniti, there was no point for it. I mean come on, the last thing you need in the car is to check your facebook page.. And either way to work the whole infiniti/nissan connect you HAVE TO have your phone plugged in into the USB and have the connect app running.

The only useful apps I see are google search and the internet radios.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Waze, Google maps, Shazam, Pandora, IHEART and Amazon Prime music would be great, along with being able to voice record custom texts back to people on the fly instead of cust canned texts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

Just purchased a CPO 15 Murano SL yesterday and I too noticed that only Google Search shows up on the head unit. Called Nissan and they confirmed it is due to the unit itself. I am in the software industry and cannot fathom how Nissan messed this up so bad and cannot get a software fix/update out there. Since it has been two years, I doubt they will. My salesperson had no idea about this....amazing.

Does anyone have any new news?

Richard

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
...so out of curiosity....what apps do you really need while driving? Google maps would be good and I suppose there may be a few others, but for the most part why would you need to see facebook on the car screen when your phone in right there with you... If you really needed to see something I am sure it wont be allowed while driving and it would be pretty distracting even a ta stand still . Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't know what to make of this App, before loading the App I had connected my Galaxy A5, no problem, receive ,make calls, I didn't try the texing cause I just got the car This Tuesday. But the App well ???????? Unless someone gives me the details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
...so out of curiosity....what apps do you really need while driving? Google maps would be good and I suppose there may be a few others, but for the most part why would you need to see facebook on the car screen when your phone in right there with you... If you really needed to see something I am sure it wont be allowed while driving and it would be pretty distracting even a ta stand still . Am I missing something here?
Exactly. I'm a truck driver, and in my position elevated above cars in my cab, I'm often able to see drivers using their phones or car interface while driving. This past year I have witnessed at least half dozen accidents where people rear end the car in front of them while playing with their electronics. This isn't counting the near misses. Most of our trucks have video equipment, and once a month our safety dept. has a meeting with us showing some of our drivers on video performing evasive maneuvers to avoid people not paying attention while driving. I wish you could see it. We are immediately terminated for using phones while driving if found out. No bluetooth either.

Perhaps if traveling out of state you may need to check on places to eat, gas stations, etc. This should be done while stopped, but when driving to work and close to home, attention needs to be on the road.

Law of Unintended Consequences: Many times traffic apps only create another backup on secondary roads the app showed you to take. Half the people on the road also have that app. At least here where there's heavy traffic this is true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts