• Other

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be interesting to create a poll on the type of problems people have had with their Murano. If you had a problem that required a replacement part from Nissan, please post what it was, approximate mileage, the model and the build date of your MO.

The only thing for me so far has been the alignment off at delivery. Had it fixed at about 500 miles, build date of my MO is 3/03. Build date is listed on white sticker on drivers door jam next to "DATE".

edit - And don't forget to input your problem in the Knowledge Base on this site.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Probably the biggest 'problem' is having another car that is fun to drive. It is no longer a curse to drive the wife's car :)

The only thing that wears on me slightly is the sound of the tires during spirited cornering. They seem to make a little more noice than they should. I am sure this could be resolved with 20's and a 35 series tire :)

The other thing I don't care for is the rear window rattle if rolled partially down. It doesn't seem to be a problem if rolled all the way down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just stalls!

Twice in the past 2 weeks my new Murano ( < 3000 mi) has stalled and I could not restart it. I had to have it towed both times. I happended to be in 2 different cities so it was towed to 2 different dealers. Nether dealer could figure out what was wrong with it. The problem seems temporary. I am currently driving it with my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Had a problem like this years ago in my VW, the dealers could figure it out. Turned out to be the electric fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Re: Just stalls!

cenolar said:
Twice in the past 2 weeks my new Murano ( < 3000 mi) has stalled and I could not restart it. I had to have it towed both times. I happended to be in 2 different cities so it was towed to 2 different dealers. Nether dealer could figure out what was wrong with it. The problem seems temporary. I am currently driving it with my fingers crossed.
You should add this to the knowledge base, see if anyone else is having the same issue.

·
4,664 Posts
I didn't see, "My wife won't let me sleep in it" listed, so I had to go with "None".:roadtrip:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Just stalls!

cenolar said:
Hi,

I had similar but slight different problem. The car won't start. And then started suddenly. Once started , would drive funny and wouldn't go over 20 miles/hr. it would apply brakes on its own and start stalling.

I shut down the engine and the again it won't start. However I removed the key and started again , the problem went away. The dealer couldn't figure the problem out and started lecturing me as to how to start the car , how to drive (what a bs!!).

Regards,

Purvesh

L

·
0 Posts
I also have a problem with the drivers seat rocking when braking or accelerating fast. Plus, I'm getting rattles! I can't stand rattles! The rattles are in the dash by the windsheild and behind the floating control panel:3:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

I suspected BCM / ECM communication problem. Dealer didnot find any problem and hence did not reset the codes.

Regards,

Purvesh

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The BCM has this TSB:

EL03-004 NTB03-012 February 6, 2003
2003 MURANO; INTERIOR COURTESY LAMPS INOPERATIVE
APPLIED VEHICLE: 2003 Murano (Z50)
APPLIED DATE: Built before November 25, 2002
APPLIED VIN(S): Built before JN8AZ08T(*)3W103076, or
JN8AZ08W(*)3W207958

Although it's for courtesy lamps, there could be other manifestations. There is also a TSB on key registration that involves BCM codes:

EL02-015a NTB02-071a November 4, 2002
ENGINE WILL NOT START
NVIS/NATS SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
KEY REGISTRATION
IMPORTANT: This bulletin has been revised.
The Applied Vehicle, Service Information, and Service Procedure sections of this bulletin were
revised to include the 2003 Murano. Please refer to this bulletin (NTB02-071a) for complete
information. Discard any paper copies of NTB02-071 that you may have.
APPLIED VEHICLES: 2003 350Z (Z33)
2003 Murano (Z50)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

Thanks. For some reason my one day subscription to TSB expired few hrs. earlier. I had downloaded TSB about BCM, but couldn't download about the courtesy lights.

I am starting to wonder if Nissan has tested out their electronic systems thoroughly or not.

Regards,

Purvesh

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been going 2 weeks now with no issues. I have made a few changes on my own. I started using 93 octane (using 89 prev) and I am not only getting better gas milage but the Murano seems to perform better. One dealer noted it was not idling properly. It seems to now.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that is was a bad tank of gas!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rattles, rattles, rattles! The two that I've noticed are:

Clicking windows. The driver and passenger, and occasionally rear passenger, windows like to click/tap on certain bumps or when the vehicle leans (curves). From what I've heard, this is a widespread problem.

Console buzzing. I occasionally hear a buzzing (rapid) rattle from around the center console/display screen. I'm not exactly sure what it is. It's hard to duplicate and hear, too. Probably the radio/climate console is slightly loose, or something...

L

·
0 Posts
My console is rattling so much now a days that I have to take it into the shop. It is driving me nuts. A brand new car and I have rattles after only 600 miles!! I love this car but any more rattles might push me over board.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My rattles:

Center console: CD cases inside the storage box!

Instrument "pod": I removed the pod assy., then applied some adhesive foam strips to the mounting tabs, reinstalled it and it is silent! I was amazed at how much better this easy modification made my MO. It made a huge difference!

So far, any other rattles have been stuff inside the car that I am carrying. (like my bikes, or the rack that holds them).

·
Registered
834 Posts
My noise, anyone else have this one?

I am getting a noise every so often. A very very slight thump. It seems to be coming from behind the driver, I hear in my left ear, and occurs when accelerating and/or stopping. Doesn’t seem to be the windows.

I read before that someone found an issue with the duct work in the center pillar was lose and made a noise.

I’ll have to sit in the back and have the wife drive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts