• Other

Votes: 17 32.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A small poll to see the work profile of MO owner's. Please add your profession in message if not listed in the poll list.

pkhona

·
4,601 Posts
Too funny... I voted and then saw the graph and thought, wow, look at all the engineers! Then I realised there was only 3 votes!

DOH!

Anyway, I work for a large manufacturer of Test and Measurement equipment for the electronics industry. Actually I've worked for the two biggest ones. So I get to play with cool new toys all the time!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Chief Clinical Psychologist at a VA Medical Center.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Comuputer Programmer for Sallie Mae. If you have student loans, it probably came from us.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Finance............. or as my wife calls me a "bean counter" :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I maintain flight simulators and other training devices at a large airline training facility.

Now,these are truly cool toys!:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Video game developer.:4:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Not even a category for us who don't do nuttin?

Retired Big Iron Computer Jock.

Homer

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Homer,

That's the best profession to be in - retired :) . Wish we wouldn't have seen this stock slump - else lots of us would have been enjoying early retirement in bahamas ;)

Also I couldn't add more than 10 categories to the list.

-pkhona

·
Registered
278 Posts
I write

I had to click about 4 boxes: I work with engineers constantly, write both technical and marketing stuff (and down-home stuff: gardening, exercise, how-to).

How to build a house is not in my repertoire yet.

We just lost a guy who had an interesting concept of frame construction: stack 2 x 6s and sheets of plywood until everything lines up.

Very heavy, very expensive, and no structural advantage. Too bad we lost him. Yep, sarcasm.

Ten of the sun room's windows went in yesterday. Today the sliding glass patio door goes in, and we'll be almost ready to close it up for winter, break down as much of the wall to the rest of the house as we can, and start moving plants in.

It's like being right in the garden. I can't see the MO from it, but ... makes it easier to get to the parking area. This house had two exits, and each of them involves going through half the house (or more) to get anywhere. Now I can go str8 out into the garden.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I sell commercial wallcovering. Now isn't that exciting? The only funny thing that I honestly didn't notice until some of my clients started pointing it out was that the name of my company is very similar to that of my car. (Muraspec...Murano) I can't tell you how many times someone has said to me "Did you buy this car because it has the same prefix as your company's name?" Now, I may be a geek, but that would be pushing it. (It is kinda cool though)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mymurano

Theoretically, I should know you.

Are you a member of STC?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts