Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confused! What tires can I substitute for my 235/55/R20 tires? I have a 2009 Murano LE. Hoping to find something reasonable in cost. May only keep this car for another year, as I am beginning to have transmission problems. How important is the "aspect ratio" for my car? I have 180K miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,072 Posts
Aspect ratio is always important. If you throw it off, your speedometer and odometers will both be inaccurate. And nothing affects the handling of your vehicle more quickly than tires.

Is there a problem with keeping that size? There are plenty of options at Tire Rack, but I do see that they start about $185 each. What would you change to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some forum members mentioned changing to: 255/50/20. However is that OK for the 2009 Murano? Does it matter that my edition is the LE? Want to be safe but since my transmission is beginning to fail, I may only keep the car for another year, and thus do not want to spend much. Was even considering used tires but the 235/55/20 is impossible to find used in Seattle.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
How low is it now? If you plan to only use it for a year more, just keep driving it with the same tires. Why bother, unless its totally bald and you live in snow country. There are shops that sells used tires locally found.

·
Registered
858 Posts
How low is it now? If you plan to only use it for a year more, just keep driving it with the same tires. Why bother, unless its totally bald and you live in snow country. There are shops that sells used tires locally found.
He hasn't stated if he has FWD or AWD. Used tires are alright on a FWD, but a very bad idea on AWD, unless you can find a matched set of 4 used tires worn evenly.

Have a good day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts