Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home last night and saw a nice looking Murano for sale for $3,500. Says it has 97,000 miles on it. I am assuming it is a 1st Generation (see attached pictures). Not sure if you can get the model year from these.

I like the look of this car very much but am unfamiliar with the maintenance issues / history. Can someone let me know?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was driving home last night and saw a nice looking Murano for sale for $3,500. Says it has 97,000 miles on it. I am assuming it is a 1st Generation (see attached pictures). Not sure if you can get the model year from these.

I like the look of this car very much but am unfamiliar with the maintenance issues / history. Can someone let me know?

Thanks!
From the front grill I believe it's a 2003. CVT and Alternator issues. 2003 CVT is covered to 120K miles, regardless of owner. Alternator has a recall for replacement.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe the CVT warranty was only extended to 10 years from purchase.

Check the front and rear suspension subframes for rust, both are extremely prone to terminal rust...

My 2003's alternator failed soon after purchase, and it was covered by the recall.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
High chance the there is a cvt issue on that car. Or the engine is burning oil. I'll just avoid it altogether and think of some other kind of vehicle. One with no cvt if you can find one.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks!
Just saw your post and am hoping you didn't buy. I bought a 2006 S with 95000 miles on it, Since buying it, I have come to find that it needs new motor and transmission mounts, service engine light is on, and code says I need new catalytic converter, electrical system is whacky, with windows and door locks not functioning and then all of the sudden working fine I've had to replace the ignition and 2 of the 3 front coils, CD player has never worked. Honestly, I would never recommend to anyone to ever buy a used Murano.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Moronowner
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing