Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Planing a road trip, about 3K miles, longest leg is about 10 hours.

What was your longest trip and longest leg in Mo? How did you feel? What is miserable?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nothing miserable. Did 1,500 miles from Kansas to Maine. Stopped for gas only and to see grandkids in Kentucky. I’m a cheap ass sob and didn’t want to spend the $$ on hotels. Mrs & I switched driving. Don’t over think it. It’s made for road trips!! Enjoy your selves and have fun!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
During September 2018 I drove my new 2018 Murano SV to Ohio from Colorado, then to Florida and back to Colorado.

It is the most comfortable road vehicle I have ever owned!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all, its sounds promising. I know its all about road, but some time even after a short trip I feel so tired, road noise is too loud, some times its manageable.

Headphones with noise cancelation probably a good addition. ))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
292 Posts
Upstate NY to South Florida and it was a dream. Never felt tired or achy or had back pain thanks to the seats. Got great highway mileage, exceeding EPA estimates. Car was quiet and controlled, with ample hp when needed for hills or passing. The Murano was made to cruise....

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Traveled about 1100 miles each way to WA and back. Also traveled 800 miles each way to OK and back, towing a 16' double-axle U-Haul trailer in my 2007 Murano. Very comfortable, towed well, no problems.

If a vehicle won't let me hop in at any time and drive from Fort Collins CO to Pullman WA and then return, I won't own it. My 1983 280ZX Turbo also meets this criterion.

This weekend we'll be doing a 1200 mile round trip to Wyoming, normal stuff when you live in the western US. That's not much more than a long trip for groceries.

·
Registered
158 Posts
500 miles in one day is our longest trip, with a total of 800 miles over 2 days, done in early January this year.Excellent mileage too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,
Planing a road trip, about 3K miles, longest leg is about 10 hours.

What was your longest trip and longest leg in Mo? How did you feel? What is miserable?

Any input greatly appreciated.

I have a 2015 Platinum Mo. Longest trip Tampa, FL to Albuquerque, NM (1,525 miles over 3.5 days). Absolutely the best vehicle for a road trip. Very comfortable, good acceleration and mileage, quiet, and smooth.
Longest time was a trip from Austin, TX back to ABQ. 13 hours over highways and 2 lane roads. No issues with aches and pains during or after the trip.
Enjoy. You will not regret.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drove our 2018 Platinum from Illinois to Maine & back last October and truly enjoyed the ride. Traveled mostly on the interstates until we reached Vermont, no complaints. Handling is great, mileage was more than I expected (30 mpg for the entire week) and comfort level was great. Some road noise was noticeable at higher speeds (70 mph+). It was much more enjoyable than the previous year's trip in my old 2012 Equinox.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you All. Recently made a 400ml trip. I was pleased with vehicle, audio system is totally different story ;) but we all know it.

Thanks again. Happy driving !

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL, Pearl White Midnight Edition
40 Posts
As many have said, our 18 Murano is an incredibly comfortable road vehicle. The seats are amazing and perfect for long days on the road. We've had 2 separate road trips of nearly 3,000 miles each plus many trips approaching 1,000 miles. We try to limit our driving time to 10 hours or less. We thought our previous Ford Edge was comfortable but the Murano is even better. Very satisfied with performance and economy. It's a great driving vehicle and looks terrific.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Our 2007 Murano was an excellent trip vehicle. I did upgrade the speakers in the base sound system and found the resulting sound quite decent. I find the stock systems in most cars to be very good today.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As many have said, our 18 Murano is an incredibly comfortable road vehicle. The seats are amazing and perfect for long days on the road. We've had 2 separate road trips of nearly 3,000 miles each plus many trips approaching 1,000 miles. We try to limit our driving time to 10 hours or less. We thought our previous Ford Edge was comfortable but the Murano is even better. Very satisfied with performance and economy. It's a great driving vehicle and looks terrific.
Speaking of the seats, I with them to be a little bit longer, or have sliding extension, need more under the knees. Other than that seats are comfy, as Nissan marketing called them 0 gravity ))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts