Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I always wondered about... how do you handle the following situation:

You pick up your new Murano (or any car). It is spotless and perfect, except for.. dun dun! A scuff on the dashboard.

Let's say it isn't serious, but noticeable. Your dealership prep guys either didn't notice it, saw it and didn't do anything about it, or saw it and tried to clean it up as best they could.

So, what do you do?

What would you do if the vehicle was ordered and took months to get to you?

Or, what would you do if it wasn't ordered, but off the lot, or off another dealer's lot?

For myself, I would likely take the vehicle if it was ordered or brought off another dealer's lot (ie, hard to find option packages). I -would- refuse delivery if it was off my dealer's own lot and other similar MO's were there.

Your thoughts?

·
5,244 Posts
esemes

easy to say!:D

However, you are right, once you accepted the delivery you are on your own. So better make sure EVERYTHING gets corrected prior to signing any documents.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Kris said:
esemes

easy to say!:D

However, you are right, once you accepted the delivery you are on your own. So better make sure EVERYTHING gets corrected prior to signing any documents.
MY BAD!!

i misunderstood the situation...........

upon taking delivery of the vechicle, a full-on inspection isa must.... (i went over the body and interior sooo much they were almost laughing at me...but.......)

maybe, jus maybe, if you have a good relationship with the dealer, you can get them to help..... maybe a good deal on fixing/replacing the subject panel in question here.....

sorry for the misunderstanding.... but still, you are paying alot of money here.... exercise your rights as a new car owner..... and hold onto the new car owner survey (if you still have it)

scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH OURS...

We had our dealer do a trade. The vehicle we got was a Sales Manager demo, but it was the only one in the state with exactly what color & options we wanted, so we took it anyway. When we picked up our MO on a Saturday, we noticed there was a slight scratch on the aluminum console slightly below the "L", and a scuff on the center part of the steering wheel (stares you in the face every day).

We called the dealer man on Sunday who had insisted we let him know about anything that was wrong because he wanted to get an "excellent" on their survey! He had us call the service manager on Monday. When we come in for them to put on the license plates, they are supposedly going to replace those pieces! I'll let you know how it goes! The survey won't go back with an excellent unless everything is fixed!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
My Murano has a large scratch near the ignition ring where someone wearing a ring probably scraped the trim. I saw it before I bought the car and had the dealer agree to fix it for me. A few weeks later they made me an appointment for the trim guy and they fixed it on the spot when I took my car in. Its still not perfect, but its pretty much invisible to anyone who doesn't know to look for it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
if it's a replaceable item, I'd have them replace it. If it was an exterior finish problem...I don't know. That would be tough. I thought about that when I ordered my Z. Luckily everything was fine. Especially since I sent them written instructions to not touch the car. No detailing, no waxing, no nothin. Figured if there was a scratch or small dent on the finish, I'd find a shop that I wanted to do the work and get them to pay for it and no not the collision shop at my dealer. If it was a large dent, I would ask for a new whatever, hood/door etc. If they didn't like that, then they could keep my deposit and we would let the lawyers work it out. Then that would be the last time I would ever step foot at that dealers again and NNA would get an earfull.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i know i was a little TOO protective of my first MO. we had reserved ours that was on the lot. when we went to make our payment, we saw another salesman let a family of 5 into "our" car. we were quite mad they were allowed to play with "our" instrument panels and mess with "our" seats etc. so instead, we told them we wanted a BRAND NEW one, so they ordered one for us. it kinda ticked me off cause i had to wait 2 weeks for that new one to come in. if only that saleman was smart enough and had read the sign!!! "RESERVED FOR MR. AND MRS. " :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts