Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm disappointed that there does not seem to be much interest in the Murano on this or any other web site. Based on the information I have to date I'm impressed with what Nissan seems to have designed. Unfortunately I've never met anyone who recognizes that a Murano is a Nissan SUV. Obviously fewer people even consider a Nissan ...... other car companies are much bigger or have better reputations with the public ..... BMW, Volvo, Mercedes .... Toyota, GM, Ford, Honda. Nissan must get the word out! They must spend more on ads, get more trade coverage, publish details when they are good, etc If I knew more about the Murano I would tell many other people they should consider it. I just don't see the advanage of a small car company hidding a "gem" like the Murano.

·
Registered
777 Posts
This board has come a long, long way from its start 9/30/02, this was one of the first posts I thought everyone could enjoy.

I wanted to give a belated congratulations to this board passing its first full year! :cool:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sweet. Personally, I'd rather NOT see a MO on every corner so the less the advertise it and push it, the more people will ask "what is that?"

·
Registered
110 Posts
That has been one of the main reasons I've wanted a Murano. Since we have started looking at them Nov.1, I have seen maybe 4. I see at least that many Pilots and double that of Explorers every DAY.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Part of the appeal of Nissan and the Murano is that they are not as commonplace as Toyotas and Hondas. Well here in the midwest, having moved out from California, its not Hondas and Toyotas but rather domestic cars. The Murano is selling well for Nissan though, I think they have beaten their goal of selling 50,000 units for the first model year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm the only one who owns one here at my company. I bought it 3 weeks ago and now at least 3 people have told me they are looking into buying one after riding in mine.

Word of mouth is the best advertising.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is one other person in my apartment complex who has one and that's usually the only one I see around. I was at Applebee's the other day though and there were two others in the parking lot when I parked. That's very unusual for this area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts