Nissan Murano Forum banner

What's currently in your CD changer?

6K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  jaak 
#1 ·
Must be at least a year ago, I saw this done, but not on this forum... But it was interesting to see what came up!

What's currently in your CD changer?

#2 ·
From an old guy with a rockin Murano

LOL!
Well before this gets overrun with bands that sound like bodily functions..............
Best of the 60's, Beachboys, Peter,Paul and Mary,
John Cash, Hank williams Jr (W/Kid Rock), and Meryl Haggard.

Homer

#4 ·
Nothing - i use the pac adapter hooked up to my iriver ihp120. :D

#7 ·
Let's see:
David Gray
Coldplay
Dave Matthews
Musical - The Last 5 years
2 Random music CDs for my road trip to DC this past weekend

#9 ·
heh:

Los Lonely Boys
Beautiful Dreamer: The Songs of Stephen Foster (very cool and recommended)
Joss Stone -- The Soul Sessions
Robert Randolph and the Family Band -- Unclassified
Lucinda Williams -- Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
James Harman -- Lonesome Moon Trance

#10 ·
Ho boy... remember, you asked!!

Shellac - Action Park (college/industrial like old Black Flag)
Alien Sex Fiend - Open Head Surgery (goth/death/industrial)
The Wedding Present - Seamonsters (college/indie)
New Order - Technique (indie pop)
Peter Murphy - Love Hysteria (indie pop)
and I *just* swapped out Iggy Pop - The Idiot (1977, with the original version of China Girl co-written by David Bowie) for Alien Sex Fiend - It: The CD (cd1) about twenty mins ago during lunch.

I also often keep Scientist Rids the World of the Evil Mummies somewhere in there (most of which provides the soundtrack from Grand Theft Auto 3's "Jah Radio").

Funny story about my music, and any "goth" should know this. In 1977, Iggy Pop and David Bowie lived together in London during their darkest, most drug-infested period. They produced The Idiot, above. The last track on that album was "Funtime", which includes the line "last night I was down at the lab/talkin' to Dracula and his crew". In 1984, David Bowie starred with Catherine Deneuve in "The Hunger", where they played a couple of thousand-year-old vampires. There was a scene in the movie that included that Iggy Pop song, Funtime. Before all that, though, the movie opens in a NYC goth dance club with a song called "Bela Lugosi's Dead", played by Bauhaus. (that song was always played at the beginning to the "Goth Talk" skit on Saturday Night Live in recent years). Now, Bauhaus split up in 1987, and the lead singer, Peter Murphy went solo, while the rest of the band became Love and Rockets (of "don't know what color your eyes are, baby but your hair is long and brown" fame). Peter Murphy's first solo album, Love Hysteria (also above) includes a remake of Funtime! But note, he changed the lyrics from "gonna get stoned and run around" to "gonna get dressed up and run around". Finally, during my well-documented cross-country trip earlier this year, I found out by accident that The Cars also remade the song Funtime. And of course, it should go without saying that David Bowie later went on to remake China Girl.

So, to recap, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Bauhaus, Peter Murphy, and Love and Rockets (and I guess even The Cars) are all bound together via music featured throughout the movie The Hunger. They account for about 20 or more CDs at home. Sorry I can't work in the *other* half of the goth world, Joy Division/New Order and Sisters of Mercy. Maybe another time ;)

#12 ·
You guys are great! There isn't a Murano here that I wouldn't listen to....

Now I have to look at mine, as I had it apart on the weekend and I must have not seated a connector properly or something. I also forgot to remove the CD's before I took out the radio, so maybe the software's confused, but it won't eject them!

Right now, I've got 6 custom burned CD's in there with more artists than I can remember.

I do recall:
The Tea Party, Velvet Revolver, Moby, Sheryl Crow, Prodigy, Rammstein, Blink 182, Green Day, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Audioslave, Perl Jam, Coldplay... And many more I can't recall. (Now if I could get them out....)

#19 ·
You can buy a Sirius receiver from Nissan/Infiniti dealers that talks to the system and displays the text on your Murano's screen.

If you don't go that way, you can use the audio input adapter from Pac Audio to avoid the FM mod or tape route, but you won't get the onscreen text.

#21 ·
CD Player

I have the same CD Changer as Cryogenics but different music:

Eric Clapton - One More Car - One More Rider (Live)
Michael McDonald - Motown
Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel of Love
Bob Seger - Live Bullet
Van Halen - The Best of Both Worlds

#22 ·
Skinny Puppy! Cool -- 10, no, 15 year listener here. Ilk, maybe more (I forget how old I am sometimes). They played in NYC a month or so ago, but I only had my nice suits with me and there was no way I was going to the show up dressed like that. Nice musical taste.

#25 ·
MVTCFP said:
2 words:

William Hung
Laughing my a-- off! I didn't even watch the show, but heard about this guy on the radio.

My changer currently contains:

Evenescence - Fallen
Diana Krall - The Look of Love
Jane Monheit - In The Sun
Miles Davis - Ballads and Blues
Diana Krall - When I Look in your eyes

It's mostly jazz instrumental and femal vocal jazz. Not the most mainstream these days....
:cool:

#26 ·
1- Mix including Sprung Monkey, Cake, Red Hot Chili Pepers, Moby Etc...
2- Aerosmith O'Yeah! Hits Disk 1
3- Aerosmith O'Yeah! Hits Disk 2
4- Custom U2
5- Custom Beatles
6- Mix including Kid Rock, AC/DC, Van Halen Etc...

I am replacing most the cds with newly burnt cd's to get the text to display.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.