Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner's manual says see the dealer for checking the CVT
fluid. That scares me, I've always done it myself.
Is there a way? What's the real fluid change interval?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jeffil1965-

There are literally hundreds of great posts on this forum dealing with the CVT and fluid replacement. Do a search and check them out.

The MO's CVT is unlike any other transmission you've had in your previous cars. The Nissan CVT fluid is also unique (and expensive).

You can check the CVT fluid level by using the CVT dipstick. The following directions are from Eric L.:

You'll need a small flathead screwdriver to push in the tab on the dipstick to release it. Then rotate the dipstick around 180 degrees (about its axis) and reinsert to get an accurate reading. Make sure you put the dipstick back in to the "locked" position before driving off. The CVT level is checked with the engine on, at operating temperature, on a level surface.

Check the threads for the fluid replacement interval. It seems to vary depending upon your service manager.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Check the threads for the fluid replacement interval. It seems to vary depending upon your service manager.

Including some advice that was pointed out on this forum in one of those CVT Fluid threads that said you may never need to change the fluid. :eek:

Bob1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts