Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Thread !! :2:

So I was wondering what the average milage people do a month?

I have my Mo 5 & 1/2 weeks and have 1500 miles. Granted, I put on about 7 or 800 in the first 2 weeks. I suppose I'm too new to judge.

·
5,268 Posts
20k per year...........

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
About 1500 miles a month. It will be more when the weather become more pleasant, I usualy do a fishing trip every other weekend.:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
27,500 miles in 11 months = 2,500 mile per month.
My commute is 65 miles each way.
I average just above 20 mpg.
Thank god for expense reimbursement.

·
Registered
282 Posts
1,722 miles/month

20.2 mpg avg.

·
Registered
758 Posts
650 miles per month. I have approx 8800 miles on my Murano which I purchased 03/07/04. By the time I hit 14 months I should have about 9100 miles.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pcs15394 said:
650 miles per month. I have approx 8800 miles on my Murano which I purchased 03/07/04. By the time I hit 14 months I should have about 9100 miles.
Wow, do you work from home or have a 2nd car you use?

I also only put on $9,000 miles last year and the year before. I work out of my house 4 days a week. So no commute helps. ALso my girl has a company car which we use to use on long trips.... but now that I have the Mo and love driving it, It is going to be hard to not use.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I put 20,000 Kms a year on my MO.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I only work 8 miles away from home, 4 days (nights) per week. The rest of my mileage is errands, etc....

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Mileage: ~11K miles per year
Average MPG: 19.36
Total gallons of fuel: 894
Cost per day: $3.16
Cost per mile: $0.11
Average cost per gallon: $2.09
Total cost spent on fuel: $1,876.85

Geesh I've got to get a life....

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
did my oil change on October 20 2004. and today the mileage after the oil change is only 4000kms.

got my MO in July 2004 with 21000 kms on it. now it is 31,200kms ( did couple of trips of about 900km each way)

work is only 2.5 kms away.....

get about 380km per tank.....

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
did my oil change on October 20 2004. and today the mileage after the oil change is only 4000kms.
You may want to think about changing your oil every few months even if you don't put a lot of miles on it. The oil tends to dilute with gas during short drives and also becomes acidic which is not good for the insides of your engine. It may also accumulate moisture.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
My commute now is very short, maybe 10 miles a day, so I put on at most 500 miles/mo on the Murano. In the first year I owned the car, I was putting about 1500 miles/mo. on it.

I've had the car for 23 months now, and have 22,000 miles.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
zebelkhan said:

You may want to think about changing your oil every few months even if you don't put a lot of miles on it.
yep, thats my job for next weekend. havent driven my mo for almost 2 weeks now and cant wait to go back and drive it.
i actually got AMSOIL in it which is guaranteed to last 6 months or 12,000 miles. i have a jar of 4.4 litres Mobil 1 sitting at home and will be ordering the k&n oil filter once i get back.

PS> is fram filter even better as k&n or the OEM nissan one?
or i should use k&n for its better performance?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:

yep, thats my job for next weekend. havent driven my mo for almost 2 weeks now and cant wait to go back and drive it.
i actually got AMSOIL in it which is guaranteed to last 6 months or 12,000 miles. i have a jar of 4.4 litres Mobil 1 sitting at home and will be ordering the k&n oil filter once i get back.

PS> is fram filter even better as k&n or the OEM nissan one?
or i should use k&n for its better performance?
I think the OEM Nissan and K&N are both good oil filters. Avoid FRAM. Just google "oil filter comparison" to read about how Fram has gone downhill in recent years.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As you all know, I bought my Murano in March, so it is less then 2 months old... well, I just drove to Atlantic city with it this week, an hour and half drive down the Garden State parkway.

With the cruise control set to 70 (65 mile an hour zone) I reset the MPH and then rechecked in 10 min's... it said I was getting 24.8 mpg. I was very impressed. Don't they say it will even go up after the engine is 'broken in?'

By the way, I used the middle grade gas for the first time before I left, 89. I had alwaysed the Premimum before that, 93. So on 89 Oct... 25 mpg is awesome for an SUV at that speed. (If it is accurate)

(199... 1 more post until 200)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts