Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking at buying a murano. The main reason is for the milage. I currently have a Dodge truck that gets 13mpg city 15mpg highway. I just want to see everyones milage. I am hoping to get the EPA rating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a little over 100 miles on my AWD and I'm getting about 14.5. From what I've read a lot of people aren't even getting close to the EPA rating. After I use up the tank that came from the dealer I will try premium and see if it improves. Maybe when I break in the engine it will get better also.

A few people are getting 20 or more though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
gas mileage

I've had mine almost a month and my combined city/highway mileage is averaging 18 mpg. I started off the first week at 16. It is improving. I just started using the premium gas this week. I am interested to see if it gets better. :roll:

·
Registered
82 Posts
i don't think there is a car out there that can actually get their advertised mpg. in perfect driving conditions you would, but who lives in a city that has perfect driving conditions?! certainly not the bay area :lol: however, i think all cars will get close to their advertised mpg. and certainly the murano has the best mpg amoungst all crossovers. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have over 3K miles on my SL AWD. Started at 16 mpg based on gas from dealer. Now it averages aboyt 18.5 city/hwy (according to the on-board computer). Tried premium gas and I don't see any improvements.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MPG

I just returned from a round trip, south jersey to dc and back.
I started with 15.6 mpg. After 343 miles the Murano is now at 18.1 mpg.
That is with Amoco gold.
I love this ride!
More on this trip later.

·
Registered
148 Posts
dubfly said:
i don't think there is a car out there that can actually get their advertised mpg. in perfect driving conditions you would, but who lives in a city that has perfect driving conditions?! certainly not the bay area :lol: however, i think all cars will get close to their advertised mpg. and certainly the murano has the best mpg amoungst all crossovers. :D
I would have to disagree. With every car I have gotten, I have been able to meet or exceed the milage sticker. My Explorer for example has a MPG rating of 19 and 20. If I try, I can get 22 on the highway and 19 if I'm not in really bad traffic that causes me to idle for long periods (which happens alot in Texas).

There are lots of things you can do to improve your mileage. Dont accellerate hard. Let your car coast for longer distances before getting to a stop sign. User your cruise control and go the speed limit or slightly under.

Remember, the highway milage ratings are done at 55MPH. Most states have higher speed limits now. If you go 70 like we do in Texas, you will definitly see lower milage. When driving on the highway, set that cruise control and do you best not to touch it. Let the computer manage your milage. Don't pass anyone unless they are actually going slower than the speed limit so you don't have to give it any gas to pass them.

Finally, remember, the Murano's engine was designed for Premium gas. You can run on less than premium because the engine is designed to adjust for different octane grades but you will never get the best milage with regular gas over premium because the engine has to run with lower compression.

·
4,664 Posts
I had 20.9 at 75 MPH yesterday...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I clocked 28+ at about 60-65mph on the highway this week. In the city (stop and go) I got 18 +/-).

I noticed from the readout that mileage was good even at slower speeds (24-26) - it was the stops that got me (lots of traffic jams in Orlando).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts