Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I'm checking the air in my tires yesterday, I was wondering if everyone keeps their tire pressure at 32psi or higher or lower for a smoother or tighter ride?

What is your TIRE PRESSURE ???

I suppose you have to declear if you have....

stock tires or not.

Also, since they all probably drive differently, do you have an...

S, SL or SE.

( Some thread research showed this has been discussed before, but heck, lets chat about it again. )

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread/t-1562.html

·
Registered
844 Posts
TheGymKid said:
So as I'm checking the air in my tires yesterday, I was wondering if everyone keeps their tire pressure at 32psi or higher or lower for a smoother or tighter ride?

What is your TIRE PRESSURE ???

I suppose you have to declear if you have....

stock tires or not.

Also, since they all probably drive differently, do you have an...

S, SL or SE.

( Some thread research showed this has been discussed before, but heck, lets chat about it again. )

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread/t- 1562.html
I always follow the manufactures recommendations for tire pressure which is 33 PSI for the Mo

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Let's see...

SL AWD with stock rubber.

For the first few hundred miles I ran the MO with 40+ psi thanx to my dealer's incompetence. I then lowered it to the recommended 33.

I normally run at 34 psi, except when I hit the sand (only once, so far) where I lower the pressure to 7 psi.

-njjoe

·
Registered
204 Posts
My dealer (or the factory) had each of my stock tires on my new '06 SL at 52 PSI I really wish I was exaggerating here. I never ran that high even auto-xing.

But the telling part of this is maybe I should have gone for the SE since I wasn't overly bothered by it for about 2 weeks till I decided to check the pressure just as a matter of habit :D

I lowered them all down to 35 and man, did the ride get smoother.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Running the Yoko G052's, 38F, 36R. SE AWD. I prefer the firmer ride and better handling that comes from higher pressures.

Case and point, I noticed that a recent cooling trend have dropped my pressures down to 34/32 but I haven't had time to pump them back up yet. I notice a significant difference in grip and steering response with lower pressures (i.e. less grip, less sharp steering), and at the lower pressures I can squeal the tires on a tight turn. At 38/36, no squeal.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I kept the OEM Goodyears at 33 pounds all around.
When I threw them away, with 36,500 miles they had even wear all around and across.

I have now gone to Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports at 265/60/18.
My tire guy put them at 40 pounds all around. We will keep an eye on them.
He said one rule of thumb, for a starting point on non stock tires, is to run about 10 pounds under max. (Max is 51 pounds on these)

Notice NISSANLOVE:

The car drives great at 40 pounds. Not "hard" at all.
I know, I know, the GYs would be rockin and rollin at 40 pounds. But these tires have a huge "Gum Ball" feel to them. I will probably kill myself once they are broken in. They FEEL like the grip is unlimited. ;)

Homer

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Since I'm keeping this baby for the long run I'm concerned about higher tire pressures transferming more energy (i.e. bumps) to the rims and in the long run cause rims to become out of true.

I keep 'em at 33-34 PSI. I'm pretty careful to adjust as the season's temps change.

So far I'm at 34,000 and still have a farily good aount of tread left. I should be about to get at least another 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Mine are at 38.
Even wear but the wear indicator is very close on the now rear two. Most here know that I push Mo kinda hard, so the wear is not typical, I chatter the tires daily.
By the time ~35k rolls around for me, I am afraid I will have to buy new tires. I can not stand to feel hydroplaning so I get new tires at the slightest hint of it. I have hydroed two times, once under accelleration, once hitting a deep puddle. I could tell once I was down in Florida on vacation that my top controllable speed in the rain dropped a good 20mph because of the wear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2005 SE
38 Front
36 Rear

Nice even wear for me!

·
Registered
204 Posts
mgthe3 said:
By the time ~35k rolls around for me, I am afraid I will have to buy new tires.
You sound like me. I'm waiting to see what kind of mileage I get out of the stock tires on my MO but I typically cut "usual" wear mileage in half on my past cars.

If I get 30k out of my stock tires I will be singing for joy simply because my last car ate rear tires at the rate of 10k miles and got WAYY spooky when once I pushed it a little past that. :) Not to mention cost $200/ for tires when they had to be replaced. (all a matter of perspective)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts