Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are wheel bearings covered under the powertrain warranty?

·
5,244 Posts
I believe so. Mine was repaired under warranty. At that time Mo has almost 60k miles.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ekaxel-

Yes, the wheel bearings are covered under the Powertrain Coverage provision of the New-car warranty.

The following excerpt is from the "FOR HOW LONG AND WHAT IS COVERED" section of the 2005 Murano warranty. It was listed under the Powertrain heading.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't doubt it, but I don't see anything in that excerpt that specifically includes WHEEL bearings.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
It says Bearings are included, So they are.

ekaxel said:
I don't doubt it, but I don't see anything in that excerpt that specifically includes WHEEL bearings.
:)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ekaxel-

The word "bearing" is good enough for me, and obviously it was good enough for the Service Writer who took care of Kris' car at 60,000 miles.

The warranty guide lists "bearings" under the DRIVETRAIN heading. What other bearings could they possibly be referring to? The final drive housing and the propeller (drive) shaft are listed separately. The only bearings in the drivetrain (aft of the transaxle) not previously mentioned are the wheel bearings.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
ekaxel

wheel bearings are definitely cover under power train warranty.

Are you having a problem with a wheel bearing?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure. I have a lot of "rolling" noise. Could be a slightly feathered tire due to an alignment issue or a bearing. I have to go through all the steps to make sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts