Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this with - we all are entitled to our own opinion. I'm sure I'll upset a few people saying this...

I'm yet to see any wheels on a Murano that WOW me. I'm a simple person. I like simple designs. I don't like chrome unless it is a simple wheel.

I love custom wheels. I think it is one of the greatest mods you can do to make your car stand out. It isn't that I'm a purist (in fact - aftermarket is going to play a huge part in my next vehicle purchase). I just haven't seen a set of aftermarket wheels on a Murano that I look at and say "Perfect!"

About the best I've seen is the chrome SL wheels.

It isn't just that people are picking bad wheels. I don't care for most of the designs that Tire Rack shows for us. I just don't know if the Murano lends itself to bling. I did find some that I like - but it isn't enough of a departure from the factory to consider buying them.

Or is it that Nissan just did a great job designing this wheel? Some cars you look at with the factory wheels and they just beg to be changed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm sure I'll upset a few people saying this...
Why? You're not being confrontational with your points, which is good. I hate it when people get all up "in my face" on msg boards and say how everyone who thinks a certain way is wrong and that they are right.

I agree that most of what's out there looks bad on the Murano. But I'm not particularly fond of the stock wheels, either. Personally, I think 20" rims are the perfect size and balance between aesthetics and bouncy-ness.

I like the 20" chrome FX wheels, but even those are a little too plain-jane for me. They need to be a little more edgy-looking...maybe flare the ends of the spokes out a little. But they look hot when they're in motion. I'm not sure what it is...the amount of spokes and the spacing is just right so that when they're going at surface street speeds, they get this really nice, smooth but wavy, classy look.

·
4,601 Posts
GM, I completely agree with you.

But we're not the only opinion. I do like a lot of the wheels out there, but not more than the SL wheels. In chrome.

Although, I've wondered how they would look in polished aluminum. More of a performance look than chrome.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I agree.
Cragars belonged on 60's camaros, keystones on mustangs.
And the SL's on the Mo.
Some I have liked, but not as much as the chrome SL wheels.

there, I said it, WHEELS!

I have a rim on my bike.

*snicker*

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
in my opinion i think if you put a chrome wheel on a big car that is less than 18 inches they tend to look much smaller than they really are. i've never seen the SL chrome wheels on the murano in person nore have i seen a decent picture of them. could someone with a white murano take a large size side pick of the murano for me. but the SL wheels i love. if they came from the factory in a 20 inch size i would have taken them in a heart beat. i photoshoped what it would look like as my avatar pic in a larger size.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think what GMTurbo43 is alluding to is that the large 20-22" rims we've seen so far on the Murano scream "bling bling" in that they would not look out of place on an Escalade or Hummer. I agree that the Murano isn't one of those vehicles, and that rims which favor function over form may be better suited to this vehicle.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think you guys are right on re the styling of most of the "20 - 22" upgrade rims; a little to "fancy" for my taste. I like the styling of the SL wheels but I sure wish they had more width; 8 or even 9 inches would be nice.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not saying I don't like dubbs (20" Wheels for those of you over 40) :) I just think the styling can be a bit over the top. I like chrome - I just think the Murano lends itself to something with less bling.

I do like a bit more than the super simple SL wheel - but not much. I'd like to see a polished aluminum version of the Murano wheel. Not saying I'd like it...

I wanted an SE - but I wanted the SL wheels.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SE Wheel < SL Wheel < Chrome SL Wheel

"select * from all_wheels where SE is greater_than_all"

no rows returned

·
4,601 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
I'm not saying I don't like dubbs (20" Wheels for those of you over 40) :)
Hahaha... That's funny, got to translate for the geezers! Hahaha...

Heyy.... WTF? I'm over 40. Oh, that's right, I act like a kid, so it invalidates it.

Phew, that was close...

It's the styling of the SL wheels I like. I'd love to see dubbs like that.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Perhaps some of the younger members could explain how they came to be called "Dubbs".

What's a dubb?

Homer
(Over 40) :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha i'm 17 and i don't even know why they call 20inch+ rims dubbs.it sounds coolio i guess.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
So in other words it is a made up word traceable to Ebonics, used by formerly white young men who really are wannabee black pimps and thugs?
I think Bill Cosby has commented on this.

Got it.

Homer

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not a wannabee pimp - I AM a pimp....

;)

I like 'twanky dueces' the best. That word makes me smile.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts