Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a happy owner of a 2016 Murano SL AWD. I need to replace my all season, and was thinking this would be a good opportunity to get bigger wheels/rims.

Original Size: 235/65/R18
New Size: 235/55/R20

I know that the change in tire size will impact the speedometer readings. A variance of ~0.5%.

The online retailer will mount the new tires to the rims and will balance them. Once they arrive I assume that I just need to get to a tire shop to have the tires installed...

Is there anything else I should be concerned with in making this change?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The handling could improve slightly but the trade-off would be a slightly firmer ride due to less sidewall height/flexibility.

Information for others that are looking at different wheels/tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a happy owner of a 2016 Murano SL AWD. I need to replace my all season, and was thinking this would be a good opportunity to get bigger wheels/rims.

I know that the change in tire size will impact the speedometer readings. A variance of ~0.5%.

The online retailer will mount the new tires to the rims and will balance them. Once they arrive I assume that I just need to get to a tire shop to have the tires installed...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I did the same on my 2015 SL, went from the stock 235/65/18 to a wider 255/50/20. It didn't effect the speedo given they are the same circ. Ride is great on 20"

This is good site to compare sizes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any problems either the 255/50/20? Rubbing or anything. My wife wants the tires I have on my Jeep and that’s the closest size they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't forget to have the TPMS transferred to the new wheels if the online purchase does not include air pressure monitors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any problems either the 255/50/20? Rubbing or anything. My wife wants the tires I have on my Jeep and that’s the closest size they have.

There is no rubbing or clearance issues with the 255/50r20 and they look and handle much better. I kept the stock 18" for winter and order a new set of TPMS from Amazon and no issues with them. In fact for some reason I didn't even have to reset them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. Mine are factory 20”. It’s not what I’d put on it but it’s what she wants. I’m probably going to put a set of Cooper AT3 4s tire on it. They are great in rain and such. They also do pretty good in snow or at least the amount of snow we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

I purchased an aftermarket set for my 2017.5 Murano SL and kept the stock set for winter. The positive is that I get the 20" black rims that I want and they make the Murano sit a helluva lot nicer than the stock 18's. You also get a firmer ride, and significant road noise from the 20's versus the 18's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going to go to the same size and am wondering what brand and model of tire you have purchased,also would you mind sending me what TPMS you purchased on amazon. I love the look of the black wheels BTW.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tires are Hankook ventus s1 noble 2. 255/50r20 but I got a deal on them, would have also gone with Pirelli or Michelin

Look for this TPMS OEM part number on Amazon or eBay
  • Manufacturer Part Number:40700-3JA0A
  • TPMS Frequency:433mhz
  • Please make sure the interchange part number matches the part you are replacing
  • Package Include:4 x Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor as Pictured
See more product details

Report incorrect product information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts