Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the chrome nissan wheels, doe anyone have them on their mo they are on back order. thanks, Joe

·
59 Posts
I am also waiting for chrome Nissan wheels that were ordered on 6/30/03. I have seen them on some Mo's in the showrooms and they really look great. Apparently, they are not yet available throught their parts depts. It seems they are having the same delivery problems as with other MO accessories (trailer hitch, etc.)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I installed 20X9" MKW MK9's with 295/45R-20 Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 tires. The only tire I could find in this size that was advertised as "smooth quiet ride". They are smooth and quiet. Just the wheels are a little too "Escalade" looking for my preference. I will change them eventually with something less flashy I am sure. There is just not much out there in 20" that has the right off-set for the Murano.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
matt - I like them from afar!:cool:

I'm sure they'll go pretty fast on the classified board but you'll probably take a hit on them.:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered the chrome nissan wheels, doe anyone have them on their mo they are on back order. thanks, Joe

I bought a Black SL with the 18 inch chrome rims and it matches the whole chrome/brushed aluminum theme of the car. I also installed the APC racing pedals and rear bumper guard on it, and they are pretty good investments. I was going to buy the chrome step bumper that attaches to the hidden hitch in the back, but it covers both of the exhaust pipes, and I decided against it. Here's some pictures of my truck, I hope you like it.

Click Here For More Murano pics

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
JOE or URBANIAS

Any word yet on the Chrome Wheel backorder?????

Homer

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Corresponded with JOE (Message #1) and his wheels came in on friday. He will be having them put on next week.

Encouraging.

Homer

·
59 Posts
I'm still waiting for my Nissan chrome wheels on order since 6/30. As of today, still no delivery date from the dealer. However, on 6/23/03, I sent an inquiry to the Nissan Consumer Affairs dept. about the unavailability of factory wheels and tow hitches. I finally received a response on 9/12 that said "the tow package and chrome wheels are both currently available". Take that for what it's worth. Meanwhile, I will keep calling my Nissan parts guy weekly.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I just got off the phone with my parts guy.
He said the wheels are UNAVAILABLE with NO "release date".

I swear to god, I don't understand how japanese car companies compete.
What a micky mouse operation.

Homer

Looks like aftermarket for me.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
OOPs
Had to redo..........had a pix of the wrong wheel.......

OK. I ordered my Chrome wheels.
Got a set of Ion Alloy wheels on order. They should be in on Friday.
Not very fancy. But exactly what I wanted.
Pretty much a straight wagon wheel.
FWD wheels aren't so hot are they?
If Nissan had pulled their head out of wherever they have it, I would have gladly bought from them.:rolleyes:

Anyway these wheels cost me $275 each including shipping, plus demounting, mounting and balance, chrome stems, and Gorilla wheel locks plus tax, took the price to $1428.78 out the door from Micky Franklin who has been in business around here since 1967.
He has a weird balancing machine. It somehow computes the low point of the wheel and the high point of the tire and this allows the tire to be moved around on the wheel until those two points match.
THEN he balances the wheel.

Here's a pix of the wheel. BTW it is an 18x7.5 ION 131
I'll put up a pix of the Murano when they are installed.

Homer

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Those Ion Alloys look really nice. While I was at the Nissan Dealer tonight for an alignment, I ran into the parts guy. Now he says that my Nissan chrome wheels are scheduled to be shipped on 9/26. By the way, if you need an alignment (mine was pulling slightly to the left), your warranty only covers it up to 12 months or 12, 500 miles. I just turned 11,500 miles, so I'm glad I made it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, geeze I hope you get your wheels.
That would be just about 3 months waiting, for you.

You are much more patient than I.

I would rather have had the factory wheels.
IMO they are no better looking than the wheels I'm getting, but, you know, Nissan warranty and all that.
That's why I went to the best shop (By reputation anyway) around here for my wheels.

I would ask your dealer if they intend to keep a spare one in stock.
3 mos for one, to replace a defective wheel (Which can happen to either one of us.......) would really try your patience I think. ;)

BOL!

Homer

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nissan Chrome Wheels Available?

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the chrome Nissan wheels yet?

I'm considering doing an exhange with someone on Ebay for my current stock SL wheels for the same wheels in triple-plated chrome.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33749&item=2435197366

I'm wondering if these are the Nissan chrome wheels. I'm also somewhat leary about the exhange. With the cost of the exchange (plus a deposit while I change the wheels and ship the old ones back) plus paying shipping both ways, it's beginning to approach the cost of getting them from my local Nissan dealer, if they are available.

Has anyone that had them on order received them yet?

Attachments

·
59 Posts
I ordered the chrome Nissan SL wheels as part of the vehicle purchase on 6/30. They were finally delivered to the dealer on about 9/19. I had them installed last week and they are awesome on the MO.

·
59 Posts
It's the same wheel that's pictured in fdonaghy's post of 9/30 in this thread. In fact, the Nissan chrome SL wheels are exactly like the stock wheels, with a chrome plating over the alloy of course.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
urbanias said:
Those Ion Alloys look really nice. While I was at the Nissan Dealer tonight for an alignment, I ran into the parts guy. Now he says that my Nissan chrome wheels are scheduled to be shipped on 9/26. By the way, if you need an alignment (mine was pulling slightly to the left), your warranty only covers it up to 12 months or 12, 500 miles. I just turned 11,500 miles, so I'm glad I made it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JOE said:
Just got my chrome wheels put on they look great, now I have to sell the original wheels, if you know of anyone looking let me know. Joe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts