Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
More like 5 weeks

They are being made right now. Will be here by mid- to end-September.

·
4,664 Posts
Good time to strike a deal on a 2003!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Countdown

I have my eye on an SE that has been costing the dealer bank fees for months now.

I told them today that if the price becomes right on it, I might not wait for an '04.

Their sales have not been great this month. Hmmm... trying to remember what more I'd get in an '04 besides electric lumber (pine boards with a motor). Sorry, make that lumbar support.

I would not pay for Tiptronic.

They still do not have firm '04 prices. I anticipate lower lease rates, at least by Christmas, if not right up front. They may make great deals on 03s when the 04s have actually arrived.

Speculate, wait, speculate, wait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Watch out though, sometimes the good deals they advertise require xxx paint protection, etc...

A nissan dealer tried to pull that crap when my dad wanted to buy a 00 maxima. Instead, we ended up paying $800 more and bought an 01 without all of those b$ things.

·
Registered
278 Posts
unrealii said:
Watch out though, sometimes the good deals they advertise require xxx paint protection, etc...
Yes, I have read about that stuff, mainly in US. In Canada, I have yet to see that happen. I have broken down all the costs, and would recognize numbers that don't add up.

I give the dealer a work sheet to list all charges. If they don't add up, I don't pay up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sales people are funny

I've been sending emails out to the "Internet Sales Personel" of the local dealerships asking for thier best price on the exact Murano I want. I have explained that I am willing to order one because they are going to have a hard time finding one in the area with my exact specs. One Saleswoman I spoke to yesterday told me "The factory is retooling and we are not allowed to make any new vehicle orders for the next 2 months so come on in and we'll find you the right vehicle in the area". Yeah, right!

Salespeople are funny.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can ALWAYS order a vehicle

If they're retooling, it's to make more cars... best time to get your order in... "Hey, while you are there making cars, make one like this for me."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is anyone concerned that they are planning to move the production of 2004's to the US? Not that I'm knocking the US labor force... but, well... anyway...

·
Registered
57 Posts
twelsh said:
Is anyone concerned that they are planning to move the production of 2004's to the US?
My understanding is that they are not going to be producing the Murano's in the US anytime soon and definitely not for 2004.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Muranos are made in Japan

My 04 is being made, and it's being made in Japan.

Maybe they'll make somebody else's in the US, but that would be dumb.

Muranos are made in Japan.

Period.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dealer add ons

A local dealer I've been working with has found ONE car nationwide with all the colors/packages/options I want. They will give it to me for 100 over invoice, but also transportation fees bringing it from Omaha, NE to Dallas, and they also insist on the Dealer add ons (paint protection, scotch guard, and theft proofing for $698,

I'm thinking about it, but I really don't want the dealer add ons. If they don't take them off, I may wait for the '04's.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Outrageous Scam

All of the dealer add-ons are several hundred % higher than they actually cost. How about heading for NE and picking it up yourself?

Or contact the dealer in NE about getting it to where you are.

... or wait for '04...

In any event, telling the local dealer "No, thanks." leaves them with nothing, and if they want your business, let them earn it. The price is already high enough for them to make money.

·
Registered
66 Posts
excellent suggestions

All these are excellent suggestions. I shall follow up on them tomorrow. Thanks.

He offered me a good price prior to the dealer add ons. I may just tell him that I would be delighted to purchase the vehicle without the add ons.

If they don't respond, I call the Omaha dealer. If I can't work anything out, I'll just wait for the '04's.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Famous August Deal

MusicMan:

Sounds right on! The waiting is not fun, but you get used to it. I'm driving a used car right now waiting for the 04s or that elusive great deal on an 03.

Prices aren't firm yet on the 04s, and neither is the date. My favourite dealer commented that sales have not been great so far in Auguust, so just maybe this will be the month that he decides to make me an offer I can't refuse on the SE (all but Nav) that has been sitting there, not being driven, and not being sold, since June.

Now they've taken $4,xxx off the Chilkoot. Would I have been peeved if I'd bought that in June, as I planned!!! Seeing and driving the MO changed my mind on that one!

·
Registered
66 Posts
good wisdom

Your suggestions are wise!

I came back at the dealer and said I would take the car for the price he quoted WITHOUT the dealer add ons or other extraneous marketing or paper charges. I thought it was a fair price for both of us.

I have a nice 92 Lexus LS400 that still runs well, but will need some additional repair for my fall business travel. I can easily wait for the '04's. Maybe they will have some of the bugs out of the design by then........like poor radio reception, the odd "rattles", the availability of a tow package, and a working gate remote control.

It's hard to wait, though, when I see all the lovely pictures of everyone else's Murano on this board!

·
Registered
66 Posts
another good point

That's a good point. I was wondering if this dealer add on thing was cast in stone across the nation. Maybe this is just a Dallas good ole boy network.

Reading in Edmonds.com, they encourage you to ask about possible dealer add ons, advertising fees or market adjustments, and Delivery and Handling fees (D and H). They also encourage you NOT to accept them.

The salesman sent me an e mail saying "I will sell you this car for $34,039. He listed all the options and accessories on the, including transportation from Omaha, NE to Dallas.

When I called him, I asked him if there were any dealer add ons or other fees not mentioned. He then replied that he would try to get the add ons removed. He put me on hold and pretended to go see his sales manager, then came back and said that his sales manager insisted on the dealer add ons for an extra $698 or it wouldn't be worth his time and effort getting the car down from Omaha. (It would be shipped by truck.)

I told him I'd think about that. Today I e mailed him and told him I'd buy the car for the price he quoted but WITHOUT dealer add ons or extraneous charges. I gave him a fax number where he could fax the contract to me if he decided that this was acceptable.

If I don't hear from him, I'll wait for the '04's. The salesman told me he expected them by the end of October.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Speaking of dealer add-ons, I notice that when I got the contract for my new MO they had a $49.95 "Wax and carpet shampoo" charge. I asked the salesman if it could wave this fee as the carpets in a brand new car are unlikely to be particularly dirty and I could get it waxed for significantly less. The salesman said "sorry, but everyone has to pay this fee." So I got up, walked over the the manager's office (I knew where it was because he kept going in there himself) and told the manager that I did not want this "option." Without hesitation he promptly crossed it out, re-wrote the contract, and I signed it. Interestingly enough, when I finally did take delivery a week later, the car had been waxed...:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts