Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, when i open My 2011 nissan murano tailgate, with de key or the button inside, it opens and close right away. It will stay open only if i repress de button.
WHY ? please help me..
Sorry, i hope you understand My english , because i speak french from Québec.
thank you
Angelo

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have occasionally had this problem. I believe that it senses too much load on the power lift function (like an obstruction, etc.), and will close automatically, even if no obstruction.
Try this test: Use the key to open tailgate; as soon as it begins to open, give it a gentle-to-medium assist with your hand and see if it still tries to close by itself. If you are able to help it open without any trouble, then it could be one of several problems:

1. Very cold weather affecting stiffness of hinges, gas struts, etc. (you posted from Quebec during winter)
2. Worn out gas struts (these support the weight of the tailgate)- Cheap and easy to replace.
3. Dirty struts and hinges- Clean and apply a little silicon spray to struts.
4. Sensor or liftgate motor issues- See mechanic.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have occasionally had this problem. I believe that it senses too much load on the power lift function (like an obstruction, etc.), and will close automatically, even if no obstruction.
Try this test: Use the key to open tailgate; as soon as it begins to open, give it a gentle-to-medium assist with your hand and see if it still tries to close by itself. If you are able to help it open without any trouble, then it could be one of several problems:

1. Very cold weather affecting stiffness of hinges, gas struts, etc. (you posted from Quebec during winter)
2. Worn out gas struts (these support the weight of the tailgate)- Cheap and easy to replace.
3. Dirty struts and hinges- Clean and apply a little silicon spray to struts.
4. Sensor or liftgate motor issues- See mechanic.

Good luck.
ADDITIONALLY:
1. Disable the auto-liftgate function (driver's side switch, by knee).
2. Open the liftgate manually and see if it is difficult or will not stay open by itself. This would confirm the worn-out gas struts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts