Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, I was back home in Louisiana visting the folks when I realized that I needed an oil change on the MO. Since I was about to head back to Dallas, I decided to pull into to a place called Car Wash West in West Monroe.

So check this. First, they take your car and give it a full service oil change and they replaced the air filter. Then, they gas it up for you. After that, they will vacume the car out and send it through a full service car wash. All this is happening while you enjoy lunch in their full restarant.

The service was FANTASTIC. We have NOTHING like this in DFW that I am aware of. Normally, I just go to the Kwik Lube down the street from my home because I know the owner. However, Car Wash West has taken service to a new level IMO. I hope they decide to build one in DFW someday.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Reminds me of Danny's Family Carousel Car Wash in the Phoenix area. Less the restaurant. And it was a rip off :) I was in the middle of my cross country drive, and I told the attendant, "don't touch the inside of the car" and what does he write me up for? The $16 VIP service. Which included a very bright, very shiny vinyl protectant on my dash. Which isn't what you want in the bright bright southwest sun. Turned my windshield into a white bed sheet. Even worse, the guy cheesed out and only used enough to shine half the dash, so it made the other half look all gray and ashen (when I was happy with it before!)

So on the return leg, I went back there, spoke to the owner and told him one of his guys ruined my dashboard. He said that the guy didn't use enough, and he slopped even more on to balance out the shininess. Sure, now it looked great, but now I couldn't see out of EITHER side of the windshield!! Now, like 5 weeks later, it finally settled down enough that it actually looks GOOD.

Jeez, I am in a bad mood tonight. Better step away from the keyboard. Glad you had a positive experience, though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts