Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Thread !!

When you get your Murano (or any car) brand new... isn't there something about not riding at high speeds for a long time for the first few 1,000 miles or something? So you can 'break in the engine' first. Anyone have facts on this theory??

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
For Admin or Moderators

I think TheGymkid is trying to capture the title of "King of New Threads". Is there a way to show the "new Thread Count" for each memeber as we have the post counts???? That I am sure would make TheGymkid very happy....:2:

Now back to the thread, the break in period is different for different engines and climates. My wife's car did not have a break in period at all. The recommended break in for my old Honda, I think, was only 750 miles and moderate speeds and RPM. For a MO, there is a breakin period, but for this engine you actually want periodic high RPM to help seat the piston rings, just make sure the high RPM is not under load (climbing hills and such.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My recommendation is to do a search on subject matter before you start a new thread.

There has to be at least a dozen or so posts on engine break-in here in this forum as well as on FA. I think Homer and some of the other members have posted some pretty good guidelines on how to proceed.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Engine break-in information is in the owners manual too.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elliotgb said:
My recommendation is to do a search on subject matter before you start a new thread.

There has to be at least a dozen or so posts on engine break-in here in this forum as well as on FA. I think Homer and some of the other members have posted some pretty good guidelines on how to proceed.

Thanks!
I think your just upset elliotgb, because I just passed you on the # of posts made.

Cheers:7:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for info and connected links. Mighty appreciated all.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
TheGymKid said:

I think your just upset elliotgb, because I just passed you on the # of posts made.

Cheers:7:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for into and connected links. Mighty appreciated all.

Now now, I know you are just joking, but some people here are sensitive about their post count. Lets be nice here. :p

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think with any engine you need to ensure that you do not drive for a prolonged period at a constant speed. During my MO break-in and other cars, specifically when driving on the highway I would vary my speed.... up to 75 MPH... down to 45 MPH ...up to 75 MPH... down to 45 MPH....

I would drive other people nuts but what could I do? It was interesting watching folks in my rear mirror... some just didn't know what to do... should I pass him... ooops nope wait he is speeding up again.... oh wait what is he doing?

Drive it like you normally would just keep the RPMS below.... what ever the manual states (2500 RPM?)

I did that for the first 1000 miles then change my oil. I got over 210K on my previous Nissan and even with all that mileage it never needed a drop of oil between changes.

Good luck... if you are lucky you will get through it in a week or so.

:roadtrip:

·
Registered
777 Posts
How fast we all forget that this post count issue/competition is what drove off one of our beloved members...... the GripperDon. :(

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Hey...wait a minute. What kind of a moderator are you with only 500 and change posts to your name....?

Look at my post countsssssss :2:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zebelkhan said:

You can't........this forum is addictive........:2:
It will give me more time to sit in my baby in the garage. ;)

I'm thinking I just wont need to post anymore... I can just read the info I need to get. :1:

200 is a nice retirement #.:4:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
TheGymKid said:
It will give me more time to sit in my baby in the garage. ;)
Do what I do/ Install a carputer and then you can get on line when sitting in your MO. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did GripperDan really exit? Tell me your just joking?! :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My break in period went over the 2000 miles, for the engine and the CVT, now both play as a team, but for the first 2000 miles, it felt like the engine wanted to do one thing while the CVT had it's own separate game plan , now with 2300 miles I feel like I'm driving a whole other car :D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts