Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new Black Murano SL is only one week old and I have been very sensitive where I park my car hoping no one open their car door and ding my sides....

I realize its going to happen. Never known anyone who kept their car unscratch or un-ding.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know exactly what u mean. Im going on 8 months and still no dings or scratches yet. But we all know (ONE DAY) it will happen. I also have the jet black mo. It will more than likely happen at Walmart or some place like that. My last Altima recieved its first ding the first day i had it. At K-mart. Well good luck with yours.:7:

·
Registered
982 Posts
My 1st scratch story.

I put the first scratch in myself. I'm not sure if I felt better after that or worse.

Well, the murano was parked in my driveway and my wife's car was parked behind me, so we took her car to the gym that evening... coming home I pulled into our 1 lane drive way and tried to pull up close to the murano without touching it... dam, a little to close, I felt the tap, barely. I backed it up and got out and checked.... i had scratched my bumper with her license plate frame. URGH I was pissed, but laughed at myself for doing it. It was bad enough to have to use touch up paint. I see it all the time and it pisses me off, but I still laugh at myself for doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
2 years, no dings.....on the sides.
I was driving past the CC driving range and had always cringed when I see the yellow golf balls beside the road. I drove through there a zillion times for over 15 years. Then one day....BAM, right off the center of the roof. My son said he saw the guy that did it raise his driver jubilantly. Oh well. No way to prove it with a dozen golfers out....
So, the Mo has a shallow 1/4 inch wide, 1 inch long ding. Impossible to see unless you are over 6' 4" or on a ladder.

But the sides are still pristine.

;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I remember, the wife and I had just pulled into the local mall. The only spot we could find was next to this older blue car(kinda run down). I told the wife I have a bad feeling about parking here, then we went in. Sure enough, upon returning to the MO, there it was, a huge(to me anyways) ding right in the drivers door, with a touch of blue paint. Yeah, I was pissed, but what do ya do? I will tell you this, if I ever walk out to my car and find a ding and the other car is still there, the other guy will most likely find a foot sized ding in his car! My own style of street justice! If your gonna ding my car, at least move your car somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
30 months and not a ding or a scratch.

Park in the North Forty ALL the time.
Park between a vette and a Porsche if the North Forty has some cars.

Leave if there is no parking at all except next to the great unwashed American public. There is almost always another restaurant, hardware store, etc.

I do a LOT of walking. ;)

Also putting the Ultrashield Bra on when new has prevented stone chips, etc.

I did the same thing with my last car only to have a guy in a brand new Porsche Boxster back into my car!
Aaarrrgggghhhh!
He paid for all damages. ($900)
No insurance company.
But still.......... :3:

Sooner or later it will happen.
I would prefer later.

Homer

·
Registered
389 Posts
Got one ding - probably from another SUV since it was rather high. Paintless Dent Professionals took care of it and it's now gone. Since then, I have put on the door guards. I try to park in the far corners of parking lots, but at the office, every space is used and I try to get to work early to find a corner spot. Considered the Nerf Bars, but don't want my pant leg rubbing on the tube getting in and out.

Bob

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rubber Guard?

Whether its Walmart, Sams, or even the wide parking slot at Costco, one thing that really bothers me is "shopping carts." Years ago, I had my car (not a Murano of course) parked. When I returned I had a ding on the side of my door with the shopping cart against my door. The cart must have rolled down and hit my door.

I wished Nissan would have installed a side rubber guard on both sides of the door like the guards they had on cars (not necessarily Nissan) years ago. :3:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I was of the 'park far away' camp. It never failed - I'd park in the south 40 (Homer is in the north 40 :) ) and someone would come park next to me. Of course it isn't ever a nice/clean/un-dinged car.

Or....shopping carts have that much more time to gain speed rolling downhill or wind. Or the other people who park way out just leave the carts.

I'll find myself grabbing carts along the way and returning them to the store or the cart return.

Now - I try to park next to the cart return (because those are the folks who bring carts back).

This is a HUGE generalization so please don't be offended...

I don't park next to the handicapped spots.
I don't park next to minivans.
I don't park next to 2-door cars.
I don't park next to cars/trucks/SUVs with baby seats.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
This is a HUGE generalization so please don't be offended...

I don't park next to the handicapped spots.
I don't park next to minivans.
I don't park next to 2-door cars.
I don't park next to cars/trucks/SUVs with baby seats.
:29: That about sums it up for me too.

-njjoe

·
Registered
73 Posts
As stated in an earlier post, please don't be offended by this, but you may infer anything you like from it:

I don't park next to Buicks, Cadillacs, or mini-vans.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey GMTURB043.... I like your so called "Car wisdom advise."

Last night, I brought my mom to Kaiser hospital after hours section (nothing serious).

I parked my Black Murano on the second floor next to a wall. There were just a few cars parked there but not on the roll where I had mine parked. I not only parked in that slot, but I had my MO on the white line on the park slot next to the passenger side.

You would think with all the empty parking slot on that floor no one would choose to park next to a vehicle that's sitting on the white line. This two door sporty sedan did.

When I returned to my vehicle I didn't see anything noticeable on my passenger side door. However when I wash/dry and wax my MO the next day, I noticed a small dot, with the black paint in tact, on the side of the door. I don't know. I would think it was a ding.

As you said, the dings and scratches will come. I hope its much later.:eek:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Now - I try to park next to the cart return (because those are the folks who bring carts back).
I avoid those slots like the plague.
I lost count of the number of times I have seen someone try to "shoot for distance" and give a cart a shove at the return from a distance and turn and walk away while the cart misses the return and bounces off a few cars before it stops.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
UncaDanno said:

I avoid those slots like the plague.
I lost count of the number of times I have seen someone try to "shoot for distance" and give a cart a shove at the return from a distance and turn and walk away while the cart misses the return and bounces off a few cars before it stops.
UncaDanno is right. Cart return areas can be very dangerous. Some people must think carts have an autopilot and will automatically steer themselves into the return area.

Now that I see we are getting into specifics... I will always try to park on high ground wherever there are shopping carts present. On several occasions I have seen shopping carts roll downhill (I guess those same people believe the carts also come standard with self-setting parking brakes).

-njjoe

·
Registered
781 Posts
njjoe said:

UncaDanno is right. Cart return areas can be very dangerous. Some people must think carts have an autopilot and will automatically steer themselves into the return area.

Now that I see we are getting into specifics... I will always try to park on high ground wherever there are shopping carts present. On several occasions I have seen shopping carts roll downhill (I guess those same people believe the carts also come standard with self-setting parking brakes).

-njjoe

Yeah - I've seen the folks give the carts a nice firm shove from some distance. There was one I was ready to get out and chat with this fellow - but fortunately for him he made it...It makes me nervous to see.

Here are a few others that will come in handy...

Park uphill (discussed).
Park so the wind will blow the door closed - not open.

·
Registered
781 Posts
njjoe said:

Now that I see we are getting into specifics... I will always try to park on high ground wherever there are shopping carts present. On several occasions I have seen shopping carts roll downhill (I guess those same people

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my new Mo in July of 05....took it on trip through Washington state and Oregon. Parked in the far fringes of a Wal-Mart in Seaside Ore, nothing around me. Sure enough on my return I had a ding in my door. The next day in the Holiday Inn Express in Seaside...another ding..this one on the lip of the rear wheel well.
The first ding was easily repaired, unfortunately, the way the well is rolled, it would have required drilling from the rear to access the spot.

I was thinking that I would carry one of my small digital cameras and snap a pic of the cars next to me including the licence plate number (paranoid aren't I ?) ...the owners would be quite suprised when they are reported as a hit and run....maybe I'll do it just to catch one of these inconsiderate losers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts