Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the '05 Muranos will be out (exactly). I'm currently contracted for an '04 and just thought it might be wise to wait for an 05.

Thanks

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am waiting for the new Frontier - due out in December, so that would be my guess.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The only one who knows exactly would be someone inside Nissan!

My understanding of the Japanese built vehicles (350z and Murano) are that the dealers are only allowed to place their orders in the first week of the calendar month.

Orders are scheduled for the NEXT months production (ie, orders placed June 1-6, scheduled for July production, and August delivery).

I think the real question is when does the plant shut down for the changover to the 2005 model (whatever those changes maybe).

I think that the plant shuts down in June (so very low June production) and makes the changeover then, so there would typically be fewer Murano's being delivered to the dealers in August and the new ones should start arriving in September.

I guess the only way to know for sure would be to ask your dealer or I supose we could try and take a survey of production dates for month and model year for members?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Someone from Nissan did tell me that. My good friend works for Nissan North America, Mid-Atlantic Region. I was all set to buy a 2004 Frontier and he told me WAIT!!!! He saw the '05 in Flat Rock and told me how its been "Titanized" and what to expect for roughly 2% more cost wise than the '04.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I gather not before September at least. That's OK, I just didn't want to by one now and have the 05's out next week.

Thanks all, looking forward to my MO in a few days.

REVHIGH !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
jimb said:
Someone from Nissan did tell me that. My good friend works for Nissan North America, Mid-Atlantic Region. I was all set to buy a 2004 Frontier and he told me WAIT!!!! He saw the '05 in Flat Rock and told me how its been "Titanized" and what to expect for roughly 2% more cost wise than the '04.
Ahhhhhh. It's all about who you know... :4:

I'd be very interested to know what is changing for the 05, including the packaging options. I want VDC, but I don't want the Touring package. I'm hoping they allow that on the 05. Also would like a full-size spare like all you Canadians have!

Oh, and they need to allow other color combinations. I'm insisting on cloth (I hate leather) and the blue MO only allows cafe latte cloth, but will allow charcoal leather (go figure). I want charcoal cloth in either the blue or bordeaux.

Am I too picky? Yeah, probably, but if I'm going to spend over $30k on a vehicle, it better damn well be what I want, even if I have to wait a few months to get it! (dealerships hate me) :D

So, anyway, to get back to the point, if anyone happens across any articles regarding changes for the 05, please let me know.

~ Corin

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will email my buddy tomorrow and ask him for the latest scoop on the 05 Muranos and post his reply here. Will that help??

·
Registered
42 Posts
That would help bigtime I think. There's a lot of people (myself included) wondering when the 05's will be out and what changes/fixes might happen. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Speaking of all that model year changes and stuff, here's a question..

I remember when cars would change grills, tail lights, chrome, etc from year to year. What about the MO...

Is there any way to quickly tell an '03 from an '04?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's the e-mail reponse from my friend at Nissan -

"It is my understanding that the 2005 Murano does not have any significant
changes. All of the emphasis this coming model year is on the new Frontier,
Xterra, Pathfinder and Altima SER."

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got a price on a 04 murano mid blue and with nav $33000 is that good he said 900 under inv and a good number on my 1999 mazda millenia It is hard to sell a used car I have been trying.I also like the honda piolet What should I do ?

Thank You All This is a great
Site

·
Registered
747 Posts
larry1960

Go to Edmunds and put in the options that are on the Murano that dealer is offering for 33000. It should show what invoice is for that configuration. You will need to know all packages, if it is a base model with NAV, I don't think 33000 is that great of a price. If it is Nav, plus touring, etc... that makes a big difference in the price.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How is your 04 any issues if this is a good deal I will go for it

Thank You

·
Registered
747 Posts
larry1960

I have all of the same minor complaints as most everyone on this forum. The windows rattle sometimes going over uneven pavement or on bad roads. The steering issue where power steering becomes slow to respond on quick wheel lock to wheel lock turns as in Parallel parking. They are small things and I love the vehicle. I thought about the Honda Pilot as well but IMHO it was just too bland. I got a base Murano with the chrome wheel package for a little over 27,000. I've also determined that no matter what brand you get these days there are bound to be trips to the service department in your immediate future.

·
Registered
261 Posts
thank you for info, Should I wait for the 05 or is this a nice deal loaded with nav 33000? Mid Blue

larry

·
Registered
71 Posts
33K is a great deal on an '04.

Love the '04.
Doesn't rattle like the '03!!!

Go for it.... - Jim

·
Registered
261 Posts
how is the ride on the se v sl I have a mazda milenna and it handles great this was the se with nav They had a sl also
Now what

larry..

·
Registered
747 Posts
Larry1960

If you think that the 33000 deal is good go for it. I did find that Invoice for Mid. Blue with Touring,NAV, mudflaps, cargo area protector, and floor mats in my area is 32,111 for the SL and 32,850 for SE with Destination included in that price. Those are both FWD. If you are getting SE AWD with same options price is 34,321 in my area. If it is AWD the 33,000 price is really good and if its FWD the price is still not too bad.The only caution I can give you is that the 05's may hit the dealer lots in late September and you may be able to get a better deal on an 04 at that time. You may not be able to get the exact configuration you want on an 04 at that time though. If you think the price is fair and is within your budget make the best deal you can. Like I said I love my Mo but it may not be for everyone. The ride is definitely different than most SUV's, more like a sports sedan than an SUV.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts