Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new bezel (mine had an unfortunate accident) and I'm not really interested in paying the $284 they want for it. It's #4 on the diagram thru this web site. However, if anyone knows how to get one cheaper I'd appreciate it. The junkyards around here dont have any MO's yet. I guess it's called a center panel. Thanx in advance

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=2003&graphicID=3620265&callout=4&catalogid=2

·
4,601 Posts
Ouch!

Don't know what your choice is, other than new, or sourced through a boneyard....

I had a rock smash one of my fog lights. It hurt, but I had to cough up the cash to buy the replacement.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I agree, but every time I suggest the Junk yard, I get jumped on as being impractical, so pretend I did not say it, and don't everyone tell me this is different. :5:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have you checked on eBay? They have some interior wood trim pieces that may cover up your old one....

·
4,601 Posts
I thought about those as well, but they're stick on. The problem I have seen with them is you can see the aluminum around some of the edges, which looks really cheesy.

Perhaps you should describe the damage, or post a picture, and someone may come up with some good repair ideas...

For example, a surface scratch might be able to be removed by taking it apart until you have just the aluminum part (careful, it's not thick, or perhaps you know that already!) and using a wire brush to redo the brushed effect.

I don't even know if that's appropriate, but the concept is, someone on the forum may actually know the "correct" way to do brushed aluminum. Or maybe somewhere on the web, someone's described how to do it.

Although, for all the hassle, it may be easier to just cough up the money for the replacement.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Perhaps you should describe the damage, or post a picture, and someone may come up with some good repair ideas..."

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it isnt a real good pic(i havent mastered that yet), but you can see the large dent right below the audio screen(nav screen).
Looks like it will just have to be replaced. If anyone knows of any boneyard MOs I'd be happy to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
mmm....probably has gouges, so fixing it would still leave the dents.
I looked at oem brushed aluminum trim kits, the cheapest was around $150, kind of a waste to get all the pieces for just one....unless others had a need for the other pieces and helped defray the cost. I wonder if a letter or call to some of the kit sellers might break out that piece for a much smaller fee.
:confused:
Might be worth a try.
:)

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, you'd have to be pretty good with metal work to fix that... Not impossible, but not simple either.

At this point, what have you got to lose? If you can take it apart and get the aluminum off, then you might be able to gently work it from behind to straighten it out.

Depends on your confidence in your ability to do this.

Do you know how to remove it? The first step will be taking out the radio. I've got some pictures of how to do this in the harness installation section on my web site, linked off my signature below.

·
4,994 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Now that's an alternative! You could even do that while you are on the lookout for a OEM replacement... I guess you would still have to flatten out what's there, before applying the other one to cover it.

Oh, wait, they want $180 for a kit... May as well put it towards the real thing, unless you want to switch to a different appearance.

·
4,994 Posts
Yep, However you get all the parts and can look up and see the new version of the MO that comes with a Wood Package on it. Looks nice. Then you would be really up to date at a lot less than that wood package from Nissan costs. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.