Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit I used to be ignorant in the ways of detailing. I would wash my car with Wisk and wax with a can of turtle wax just like my dad did. Using small circles all the time too - ugh!

Now that I know better now, I have a hard time finding some of the high end products out there. I've bought Zaino Bros stuff directly from them for the car exterior and am currently using some Meguiars stuff for the leather that I was able to find at Autozone. But where are some good places to see what else is out there?

·
Registered
487 Posts
The internet is your friend. If you can't find it here, whether it is from the manufacturer itself or a reseller, then you probably can't find it at all ;)

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
As for Zaino, I think you can only get that through the internet.

One of my favorite products is Meguiars. You can get their products at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Murrays and I believe Walmart carries a few of their products.

·
Registered
278 Posts
How do you pronounce Meguiars?

A French-Canadian at work today called it Macguires, says he gets it at WalMart. I bought the only thing they had: some kind of shiny waxy stuff. Cleaner Waxy or something. It's in the car. Forget the name.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If it is just cleaner wax - you'll want to follow it up with a polish of sorts. The cleaner wax is more for taking out imperfections. The Meguire's stuff works really well. Generally the cleaner is the first step in a 3 step process.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What next?

Well, I read the car care site and printed their tips and recommendations.

All of the Meguiars stuff is sold under different names here (the name of the product, that is).

I got their cleaner wax and their polish.

I got the "Z" name that isn't Zaino (CT, not Chicago) cleaner. I used it today. Seems good. I then polished and waxed one side of the Pathfinder (Mothers liquid wax). I see a difference, so I'll do the rest of the car.

Buying this stuff in Canada is a hoot. I don't know of anything but Canadian Tire and WalMart. There must be car stuff stores, but I'll have to find one. Didn't see any of the stuff that's "stronger" than polish (more grit). Maybe it's illegal here.

:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts