Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I recall from when I lived near Port Hueneme, California (just north of Los Angeles) 20 years ago, two or three ships per week loaded with nothing but autos from a single manufacturer landed at the deep-water port there. There was a near constant stream of autos being driven off the ships and onto rail cars.

Does anyone know which port(s) Nissan uses?

Dave

·
Registered
243 Posts
All MOs are born in Kaushu (or something like that) in Japan, I think Baltimore MD is one of the east coast is major Auto ports.

You want to get a direct delivery from Port, hate dealing with dealers, what is wrong with You :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would assume that the delivery would be somewhere in the west coast, not the east. The east coast from japan they would have to go down south then through the panama canal then up. It would be faster and cost effective to deliver it to the major ports on the west coast then rail them out. I myself live in Seattle, WA and we have a major port, but I would suspect they come into LA.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Whose got their window sticker handy?

I think the port of entry is specified on the window sticker.

I'll look at mine when I get home tonight.

·
4,664 Posts
I'm sure the Canadian ones are dropped off in Vancouver. So if they want to do both Canada and the US, the northwest would make sense as they could do one, float accross to the other and then be on their way...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just checked my window sticker and it says that "Final Assembly" was in Los Angeles. Didn't specifically mention port of entry.

·
4,664 Posts
So much for that theory!

I wonder what final assembly consists of? Is that when they put the manual in the glove box?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Indiania Mike is correct, mine also says final assembly in Los Angeles, nothing about Port of Entry.

I'm positive I've seen a sticker on new Nissans that said something about port of entry.

Maybe it was the country of contents sticker I'm thinking about.

I'll check it out next time I'm at the dealer.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Jaksonville for the Z and LA for the MO on mine. MO is built in Kyushu (in the FAQ). Z is built in Opama.

Final assembly....

This is a guess deducing from the Z experience. Since we pre-ordered our Z's we were naturally curious about how many ports they arrived at, how they were unloaded, what was installed at the port yard where the cars were driven to off the boats. pics here. On the Z, the VIN's were purportedly entered into the system when the cars were in boat transit (some speculation about from the boat or just while they were on board). They enetered several ports and we even tracked the boats for a while (don't remember how many ports and boats but quite a few). Once the cars arrived at port, the record on the nissan web site about your dealers inventory showed up (that's how I knew my dealer had my Z before they did). At the port area, some options were actually installed. For example the optional Aero Kit (front chin spoiler and rear hatch spoiler) was installed. Some deprepping from the boat ride and some prepping for the truck ride to the dealer was also done. It was also suggested that some accessories were installed (rear trunk mat). Oh...and a note about the Aero Kit, we found out because some people had rattles in the hatch which turned out to be sockets left there by the port installers. It was also suggested the NAV DVD and splash guards were installed and checked there as well. A board member purportedly got into a yard and talked to the folks there a little and took a few pics. Others took pics from outside the fence and some claimed to know people in the yards.

So, I'm sure some things are different for the MO, but it gives you an idea of what can be done.

·
4,664 Posts
That's interesting... I guess that's where they put in the Murano SAT as well.. (Just kidding, of course!):rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Murano Final Assembly Point

My window sticker has the final assembly point as Elizabeth.

-------------
'03 SL AWD sunlit copper and charcoal cloth (looks great to me)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts