Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
BlueHorse

Welcome back. I have been waiting for your update since then to brief us on your murano leaking condition.

I saw your last post and started looking up for that L connector, and here what I found:

So it's just for air related to PCV.

Possible leaking points according to the MO maintenance manual:

You may want to check up these areas mentioned above.

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
hmmm, many fingers point to PCV valve and PCV hoses. It should be checked and cleaned. And replaced if needed.

I remember in my 2006 MO maintenance manual in the 80k or 60k inspection the PCV valve should replaced. I'm sure most of our muranos are over 80k by now and some of us didn't change this valve.

Soon I'll clean the hoses and replace this valve and update you guys.

MoZo

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Mozo and all,

Is this PCV valve screwed or just pushed in to the engine If you have DIY to replace it, pls share.

By the way, earlier today I found another leak, possibly a different type of fluid (unsure yet what it is). I just posted a new thread at the following link and guys take a look when you have time!
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/26465-what-kind-fluid-goes-here.html#post256369

Thanks!

hmmm, many fingers point to PCV valve and PCV hoses. It should be checked and cleaned. And replaced if needed.

I remember in my 2006 MO maintenance manual in the 80k or 60k inspection the PCV valve should replaced. I'm sure most of our muranos are over 80k by now and some of us didn't change this valve.

Soon I'll clean the hoses and replace this valve and update you guys.

MoZo

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to pop the intake off and the valve is screw in , so a deep socket.
I highly doubt its that, unless the hose is ripped, which you would hear as well.

Some engines naturally consume more oil than others, like honda civic v-tec can eat 1l between the changes and never burns any at idle to notice.

As far as your leak, could be just the oil pan at the front, upper and/or lower one. Force just drifts oil to the wire while you driving. Check the upper pan all around. If you want a for sure answer either pay a shop too, or buy oil dye and a lamp to see exact source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now look what I found under gearbox :confused:

Although I don't see any oil drip beneath the car.

Do you guys think it's the reason behind MO engine oil leak?
Ahh, hate to tell yah but that looks like a leak or serious seepage from the transfer case or the cvt seal between the two. You will need to look deeper int this if you want to avoid some future damage. Not sure if you can add dye to cvt fluid to confirm the source.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
update - no answer to engine oil consumption yet

Hi, all,

quick update - my power steering pressure line hose was leaking and I just fixed it a week ago. This leak might have existed during the time I was trying to find out why I was losing engine oil. So a lot of symptoms could have been a mixture of both, or even just the leak of power steering fluid.

When I was down there working on power steering hose, I noticed the aliminum block (is that the CVT/transfer case?) has some yellow colored oil. This must not be the power steering fluid which is pink. CVT fluid is still full. So it is either transfer case oil (I'd be screwed in that scenario), or engine oil leaking from that side (oil pump, or what?).

I plan to replace transfer case oil soon and hope the old oil level is still descent.

Is the transfer case oil in yellow color? And similar in thickness compared to fresh engine oil?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I am losing about 1 quart per 1,000.

After fixing power steering fluid link 2 weeks ago, I replaced the transfer case oil today. I drained out ~150ml old oil and refilled ~280ml, so there is a small leak (seepage). But that is not a lot of oil lost. My CVT fluid is full.

I again saw 2 drops of yellow color oil hanging at bottom of the aluminum block (driver side, probably the CVT itself?). Also the inner side of the drive axle on the front driver side is slightly wet with oil. Like to figure out if this is engine oil (not so bad news) or transfer case oil (really bad news). Anybody knows how bad the bottom of the car will look like if engine leaks oil at 1 quarter every 1K~2K miles driven?

Could the leak be from engine oil pump or water pump? I remember my last car Honda Accord had engine oil leak seen in similar location and that was due to leak at water pump's mating surface with the engine block.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
The TC fluid capacity is 310 ml. A little over is better than under.

You driver side axle leak could possibly be the CVT/axle seal. Tons of pics posted. Its a 10 buck seal but you need to remove the axle and need 2 quarts of ns2 cvt fluid to change it.

Maybe you have a leak higher above by the valve gasket?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts