Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
In my 2003, I never had to remove the glovebox door to change the filter, I just opened the glovebox all the way and would shine a flashlight in there to see the filter access. It's really easy to remove and install. It takes about a minute from start to finish. A few times, I'd turn on the HVAC system and have the fan blowing at full speed as I sprayed some Lysol into the cabin filter housing prior to inserting the new filter. Helps to keep down any musty smells. I used to change that filter every year.

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Thanks folks. I just popped out the glove box stops on the sides similar to a CR-V and the door flops down far enough to get hands in there. And sure enough there was a nice mouse nest on top of the filter.
Search the rest of the engine compartment very thoroughly. From experience, where's there's one nest, you'll usually find another close by.

Be sure to also check up under the wheel well covers. You'll have to pull a few plastic clips to view those areas.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
And don't forget about that sound-dampening shield that's fastened to the underside of the hood. At least one mouse made a nest around the area of the radiator cap. I'm guessing it was very easy access to just grab ahold of that one side to have it pull down so it could squeeze up into there. I poked some holes once I tapped on that shield and heard a lot of sounds. It was filled with hollowed-out filberts that I feed the squirrels during the Winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the mouse advice, it was the engine bay that I first saw one. I was blowing everything out and had one run out from under the intake manifold, bunch of nuts etc blown out. Did traps and got 3.
I will also remove the fuel pump cover and blow air around the top of the fuel tank too. I don't want them in my shop so its a chore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts