Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ther cross bars where on "back order" due to design issues. Has one one heard about them? When are they due out. This is getting silly at this point.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the roof rails can be pre-ordered here . It says they will be available in January 04.

·
4,664 Posts
Gonzo said:
I know ther cross bars where on "back order" due to design issues. Has one one heard about them? When are they due out. This is getting silly at this point.
Silly is not the word I'd use... Stupid is closer.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll believe it when I see it... Jan 04.... let me count the days.

:bsflag:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm curious. Why do we want these? $150 bucks for two flimsy meteal rails to go on our fake roof rack? Seems like $150 would go a good ways toward a Thule or something like that. Maybe I've missed something.;)

George

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The ones that people have used to this point, like the commonly available Thule, apparently have some drawbacks, chief among these is the windnoise I gather.
(Who knows, the ones finally called "Nissan" may well be Thule)
And they shouldn't be flimsy. They should be rated for 150 pounds MINIMUM.

The Nissan ones should not generate objectionable wind noise as one of our posters here, Chancie, is part of the test team and they have been working on them for some time. And she has said that the problems with the test units has been noise.
Many Other vehicles have cross bars that do not make objectionable wind noise.
So I expect them to be good.

Plus they said they would have them.
We can't let them off the hook on Everything!

Homer

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I'm waiting for Nissan's to be released.
From what I can tell in the pics, they look nice and flush with the rails.

I wonder if you can push them both together and all the way to the back when they aren't being used?

·
4,664 Posts
Nissan's promised them for over a year, with pictures on their websites and detailing them as an accessory. The rails on your Murano have the mounting points for them. No they're not adjustable if they use the original mounting points. If you look at the inside edge of the rails, you'll see the mounting.

It amazes me how a company can make roof rails for years and then suddenly forget how.... Someone at Nissan truly is an idiot and has too much control over other staff that are quite capable. I wonder if it's the same idiot that made the SAT decisions?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you need cross bars and can't wait for the Nissan units (If they are ever made available, they could just pull the "2003 will never have the cross bars available" like they like to state with everything else) the Yakima Lowriders work great. I can install and remove them in under 5 minutes, and while generating some wind noise, I feel that it is minimal. I don't put them on the Murano unless I am using my Thule cargo box and remove them when I remove the box. I think leaving any cross bar on when not needed, even a permanent solution, would take away from the clean looks of the Murano.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts