Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is settled, after months of test drives and net surfing, the wife and I have decided on a Murano. Very exciting!

Unfortunately, none of the dealers in my area, (I live in Boise, Idaho), are budging from the MSRP. I am very willing to travel to find a good deal on an MO. I really look forward to the trip back! Can anyone here recommend a dealer that could hook me up for around invoice price? I am looking for an SL with 2WD and Popular package only, (no sunroof or leather).

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
All I know is DON'T ever visit St. Charles Nissan in Missouri [just West of Downtown St. Louis, off of I-70].

If you would like to know "the rest of the story" me let me know.

·
4,664 Posts
Plus it would be a bit of a drive from Boise...

Say hi to my wife, she's coming in tonight... (She works at HP)

They may budge a bit when the '04's come out. The other thing to do is get quotes from other areas or the online services and try to use that against your local dealers to force their hand.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can do a whole lot of shopping on-line (several thousand off of MSRP has been had by many). I used Edmund.com's fax blast, never left home, and got good quotes from fleet managers, Internet sales folks, and general managers. No pressure, no BS, just the fax/facts, ma'am.

I used a worksheet:

Selling Price
Destination
A/C Tax
Gas Tax
Tire Tax
Extras
Other fees (specify)

Whatever applies to where you live. The bottom line has to add up. You need the APR, and either the lease or purchase payments, all spelled out, by e-mail or fax.

Then you start pitting one against the other until they are begging you, instead of vice versa.

Chicago can't be too far from you???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Chicago is several states over, so it would be a bit of a drive... I was thinking the west coast, but I will follow the trail of saving money if I have to! I looked at Edmunds, but it seems to be limited by geographical region. When I put in my zip code, it states that there are no dealers in my area! I suppose I had better make up an address...

Oh, and I will wave to your wife's plane, Jaak!

·
4,664 Posts
Thanks! She flew in last night from San Fran...

I think the least pain might be to get pricing on the web and then walk into your local dealer and tell them you'd prefer to buy from them, if they can meet the price. (Or at least come within the price of the gas it would cost to drive it home...)

·
Registered
57 Posts
CarsDirect.com

Have you checked out CarsDirect.com?
I've priced the Murano there with the options I wanted and came out with these prices:
MSRP $37,332
Invoice $33,825
CarsDirect $34,225

I'm pretty sure you can order from carsdirect and just have it delivered to your nearest dealer without involving them at all. Let me know the scoop if you look into it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know, I originally tried carsdirect.com and edmunds.com with my Idaho zip code, but the only prices I found were MSRP. I started putting in different zip codes and now I have a much different picture: Seattle area is $500 over invoice while San Francisco area is $200 under invoice. Much better! Soon, a new MO will be mine! (and hopefully under invoice!). Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
delivery

My dealer/saleman has found a car with all of my desired features/colors etc. but it would have to be shipped from Nebraska to Dallas, TX where I am. He said he would sell me the car for $100 over invoice but that he would have to charge me the delivery fee for getting it down from Nebraska.

Since both dealerswould be trading cars, is it reasonable to charge me an extra delivery fee for that? If so, what is reasonable?

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's my understanding that if they drive the vehicle, then no.

If the dealership you're working with will drive the car to Nebraska and will drive the other car back from Nebraska, then they usually won't charge you. But if they're putting it onto a transporter to send both cars back and forth, then they'll probably want to pass on that cost to you.

If you're buying a 2003 Murano, it seems that most dealers are selling below invoice now. See if they'll eat the cost or sell you a Murano for below invoice. Either that or fly out to Nebraska and deal directly with the dealer there.

Bob K.

·
Registered
65 Posts
another thing

You might try Costco or Sams club car purchasing service.
They have a set price for the vehicle that you can view at the dealership after you submit your request. The Carsdirect prices were better, but that was with me submitting a California zip. I would have had to arrange for transportation which is about $500 (I'm in Utah).

The Costco deal is with a Nissan dealership in your area, unless of course they don't have a participating dealer in your area. You could call the dealer or Costco and find out.

PS. We pick up our car tonight!!

:p

·
Registered
66 Posts
delivery

Thanks for that info. I may ask him to drop the price of the car to balance the shipping fees and see what he says.

I have requested the black with caffe latte leather interior, and now am eyeing the silver. They both look great! Silver looks better at night, the black looks better during the day.

I'll have to locate where this car is in Nebraska and then contact Costco or Cars Direct.

Congrats, Copperstreak! That's very exciting. I assume you ordered the sunlit copper exterior.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wait 6 months

The silver might look better day and night (you know how black is) after a few months, a few scratches, a few bits of dust.

Sounds like you're getting the wrong info and at the wrong dealers.

I have a hard time believing you can't just get the price, let them figure out how to get the car to you, or else go buy from somebody else (Costco, etc.), east coast if that's the best deal.

Others around here seem to have had decent deals in TX and in CA. One reported a dealer with 50 in stock at MSRP - $5,000

·
Registered
66 Posts
none

Thanks again for the info. I guess the silver/black thing I have to figure out. I've had a black '92 Lexus with tan leather interior for about 4 years and really liked it.

I'll try Carmax when I can finally get their web site to work. I tried it a couple of nights ago and then again tonight. Can't access the new car search page. Since you're suggestion I think I'll just call our local Carmax tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts