Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to buy Sirius Radio equip?

Hi all, I'm new here and have read just about all the above thread on the Sat radio.

My wife has an '03 Murano and I'd like to install Sirius radio. As I understand it, I need the reciever, antenna and pre-wire cable.

I'm looking for the best place to get these. Autowebaccessories tells me that it is not compatible with my car. This is after I gave them all the part numbers for the three items. Grubbs has them for $431.

Is there any other place I can look? Is this about what I should expect to pay?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I must clarify that I'm looking for the OEM parts so that it works directly with the factory radio.

·
4,601 Posts
Re: Where to buy Sirius Radio equip?

KPB said:
Is there any other place I can look? Is this about what I should expect to pay?
Hey Keith, the only place you can get the OEM receiver is from a dealer or someone associated with a dealer.

There's a few places that sell the parts and in your search you should keep this in mind.

All Nissan and Infiniti Sat compatible vehicles use the same receivers. The antennas may vary, due to lead length or mounting location and some vehicles need an additional harness, e.g. the FX, to connect. Search out the best deal on the sat receiver.

Any Sirius antenna should be compatible, but you need two wires to connect to the receiver. If the antenna is a one wire version, there's splitters to accomodate this for the receiver. Initially Nissan used a two wire antenna, but they've switched to the one wire with the splitter.

So you could buy the antenna and splitter from Crutchfield, for example, if they had the best deal. But you still have to get the receiver from a dealer.

Grubbs has good prices on the receiver, the antennas could be slightly cheaper. Yes, the OEM is more expensive.... They know they have you.

Anyone seen them on eBay? I saw a used one once...

I have a table of part numbers on my website, that illustrates some of what I described above.

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/PartNumbers.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks jaak.

After reading the sticky thread, I aready visited your site. Thanks for all the hard work and information. I'm going to contact Grubbs and get it all together.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at the prices on Amazon.com for Sirius antenna and extension wires for Home radios. I just ordered a Terk SIR6 Outdoor Home Antenna (Sirius)" from AMAZON for $47.99 coMpared to $79.95 at other sites like Crutchfield where I bought the Sirius SR-H550 radio.

By the way, the antenna supplied with the Sirius SR-H550 Satellite Radio for the Home is not quite good enough for the middle of Georgia. It drops out for a short while every few hours. The TREK SIR6 is reported to be a far better antenna for home radios.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts