Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get a new remote (key fob)?? The Nissan Dealership sells them for $125, but I think that's too expensive. I'm interested in Nissan and/or Aftermarket.

·
4,664 Posts
I remember someone only getting one with their Murano. If that's the case with yours, go back to the dealer and ask for the other one.

It would be good to know if there's differences, but I got two key fobs, two standard keys and one valet key.

·
4,664 Posts
That's a great deal. And what I'd say it's actually worth.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Website for new remotes (keyfob) and keys

I found this website for new remotes

https://www.keylessride.com/

They sell remotes for $64 (plus $6 shipping) and they say that they are brand new FACTORY remotes, not aftermarket

These guys also sell new keys

http://www.streetkeys.com/

The cost of they keys are pretty pricey and don't seem any cheaper than getting them from the dealership.

$35 for an aftermarket key
$50 for a factory Nissan key

That's just for an uncut key. It's another $60 to get it cut and programmed. And for another $45, they will come to your home or office. These guys partner with local locksmiths.

·
4,664 Posts
I can't help but wonder if the remotes on eBay are new. After all, there's not much to them and they can be manufactured very inexpensively, in quantity. Nissan would not make them, but have them made for them. So it's possible for the manufacturer to be selling them through other channels.

If you're curious what's inside...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool pics!
I wanted to yank mine apart, but I was waiting to get a 3rd one (just in case).

I ordered one off of eBay for $20 (plus $5 shipping). Supposedly it is a new OEM keyfob. When I get it, I'll post results.

You are right that Nissan doesn't make these, the keyfob's are manufactured by Calsonic Kansei, and I checked their website, and it appears that they don't sell retail.

Also, I checked with the dealer, and a new key costs $40 and my dealership wants $45 to program each key. Plus, another $125 for the keyfob.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
See, you know you have the 'mod bug' when you look at that and say 'that would be cool if it was the same color as my murano' or 'i wonder if i could make those keys light up and then...'

It was the first thing that popped into my head when i saw those pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Programming Remote Transmitters (Keyfob)

In case anyone was wondering how to program their remotes. Here are the links to a Nissan website that sells them, and a link to the instructions. For further info, I included the instructions here.

(I guess these instructions are similar for all Nissans too)

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=28268-Z5003

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/RemoteEntry_Instr.gif

1. Close all doors

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully.)
NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time.
NOTE: If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter ONCE.
(Hazard Lamps will flash twice).
At this point, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step.
If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. A maximum of four ID codes may be entered.
If more than four ID codes are entered, the oldest ID code will be erased.
If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), follow steps 6 and 7 for each transmitter.

6. Lock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch

7. Push any button on remote controller once (do this within 5 seconds)
(Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice)
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased, and the new ID code is entered.

8. Open Driver's side front door after ALL keyfob's are programmed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts