Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've been using my Garmin C330 for a while now with power just the internal batter sitting on the left front speaker. It has been working out pretty good but once in a while it will move during sharp turns. The other feature I miss when plugged in to the cig socket is it will turn off and on automatically when the car is on. When running on the interanal battery I have to manually turn it on and off.

Sooooooo I think I want to mount it and hard wire in the electical and avoid the cig socket. That I can do but I can't figure where to mount it. Here are my criteria:

I don't want to use the suction on the windshield as I use a sun shield and don't want to remove the GPS every time

I don't want anything noticeable on the dash as a mounting point

I would like it easily removable

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Gonzo said:
Sooooooo I think I want to mount it and hard wire in the electical and avoid the cig socket. That I can do but I can't figure where to mount it. Here are my criteria:

I don't want to use the suction on the windshield as I use a sun shield and don't want to remove the GPS every time

I don't want anything noticeable on the dash as a mounting point

I would like it easily removable

Any suggestions?
Gonzo,

I use a Proclip to mount the display of my Magellan next to the radio. there is a photo in my gallery.

I used heavy duty velcro to attach the unit to the pro clip. I can remove and stash the unit in seconds. The pro clip itself can be removed if you wish.

I use an external antenna. If you don't, this may not be a viable option because from this position your unit will not have a clear shot of the sky.

Go Steelers!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I used the proclip as well. As far as power goes, I bought a power socket with extension cord and tapped into the wires of my existing power socket -except all the wires are hidden.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts