Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the great info about installing tweeters into a Murano S as it is pre wired. However, where can I purchase the tweeters, what size can I buy the OEM tweeters. Does it come with a bracket or does that have to be purchased. I am very novice and was just hoping to install the standard OEM tweeters as I am not sure about capacitors etc. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hugobarb,

You can purchase the OEM tweeters from the dealer. I originally posted this info in my fog upgrade post. I copied it below with added info so it will will be easier to find and understand.

OEM Tweeter Upgrade on S Model:

The OEM tweeters can be purchased from the dealer. Tell them it is for a 2004 SL Model - Non-Boses.

The tweeters come with the capacitor and the bracket built into the tweeter. The cost for the tweeters for me were $25 each from the dealer. You can find them cheaper on the net. The two screws to fasten each tweeter are sold separate. I just used some screws I had hanging around in my garage.

How to install:

The connectors are brown color and are taped to the wire harness on either side under the speaker grills on the dash. The drivers side is harder to find. At first glance you will see a white connector. That is for the optional optical sensor for autolights.

(In case you were thinking - to date, no one has been able to figure out how to get the autolights and fog lights to work with the OEM stalk switch, so forget about the sensor connection.)

The tweeter connector is slightly lower. Be careful when removing/untaping from harness. I used a screw driver and needle nose pliers so as not to cut the wire. The OEM tweeters have a plug extension that will plug right into the vehicles tweeter harness.

Secure in opening with two screws and place grill covers back on and your done.

I say a great improvement for $50 bucks.

:claphead:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts