Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 09' MO, is there anything else besides the actual seating surface/head rests/steering wheel or shift knob that is really covered in leather? Parts of the door panel look close, but I'm not sure. Is there such a thing as a "leather test"? I'll be treating the leather this weekend and don't want to be wasting my time massaging leather conditioner into vinyl. Thanks for any info and take care!

Jim

·
Registered
112 Posts
My guess is that the side panels on the doors are probably leather... I've used Meguires <SP?> on them and seems to work well. If you find out for sure, drop a line...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
If the brochure doesn't list it as leather, its probably vinyl.

·
Registered
595 Posts
im pretty sure they are leather..... why dont you smell it to make sure.... meguiars make some pretty convienant leather cleaning and conditioning wipes that i use on the seats and the door panels..... 2 wipes is enough for the whole interior

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I may be wrong, but I do not believe the doors are covered in leather. It is the same synthetic leather (pleather) used on the seat backs.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I am with joe.
I believe the only leather in the car are the seating surfaces of the seats, the steering Wheel, and the shift knob.
In point of fact, some official literature somewhere, pointed out that the seating surfaces were real leather.

The rest is vinyl of some sort.

Homer

·
5,268 Posts
As Joe and Homer said - only the seating surfaces of the seats, the steering wheel and the shift knob. Everything else is "artificial leather"...

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. I treated the door panels as vinyl. Take care!

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts