Nissan Murano Forum banner

Which gas Oct did you last fill up with?

• Premium

Votes: 110 46.0%
  • Plus

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Regular

Votes: 73 30.5%
  • Mix it up, each time I fill it up

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There might be an older poll on gas use... but after reading the most active thread on gas, i'm wondering now that prices are up... what did you pay per gallon and which gas did you last fill up your tank with?

In Jersey, at WaWa, the gas was as follows as per last night. (Remember Jersey is all FULL Service, no Self Service).

Regular was $2.22
Plus was $2.30
Premium was $2.38

·
Registered
74 Posts
2.07 in st. louis for Regular. 40 bucks.

Oh by the way my wife drives the Murano an additional 30 miles after the star comes on for distance to go. I ask what are you going to do if you run out of gas and her reply is "call you".

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jmeitz said:
2.07 in st. louis for Regular. 40 bucks.

Oh by the way my wife drives the Murano an additional 30 miles after the star comes on for distance to go. I ask what are you going to do if you run out of gas and her reply is "call you".
I drove my Mo until the star's came up on the display, then stopped and filled it up to see where it comes on. I put in 18.97 gallons of gas... if it is a 21 gallon tank, I could have taken another 2 gallons or so... at 20 gallons per mile lets say... I guess I could go another 40 to 50 miles before I run out of gas completely.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
With price being equal, I would choose a "Top Tier" gasoline supplier if possible.

Top Tier Gasoline

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Super, 2.75 in Poughkeepsie, NY.

I was so p.o.'ed that now I want to rent a car when drive up next week. At least when I rent, I get my gas reimbursed dollar for dollar instead of rolled up in a 41c/mi personal use allowance.

I have to drive to NYC Monday night or very early Tuesday AM, and then onto Poughkeepsie Wednesday night, and back to EasternPA either Thursday night or Friday night, depending on whether or not a client needs me to stick around and give them a hand on Friday. Trust me, I'd rather get fully reimbursed and put the miles on someone else's car.

For all you NASCAR fans out there, Dale Jr's trailer crew stayed at my hotel last weekend, and their massive trailer was in the parking lot when I headed out to work Monday morning. Sorry, no pics.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Last night I paid $2.33/gal for Premium 91 oct at Phillips 666

Regular is $2.13 & Mid level is $2.23
Around KC the 3 levels are normally split at $.10 differentials.

When you cross over to the Missouri side of the state line that divides the the city the gas is normally $.07-$.10 less per gallon due to cheaper gas taxes! :D

Since all of my rides use Premium I normally alternate using each one!
Plus it avoids me getting into a car & having the fuel light on, my wife never even thinks of getting gas until its on! :eek:

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
KSmurano said:
When you cross over to the Missouri side of the state line that divides the the gas is normally $.07 less per gallon due to cheaper gas taxes! :D

Since all of my rides use Premium I normally alternate using each one!
Plus it avoids me getting into a car & having the fuel light on, my wife never even thinks of getting gas until its on! :eek:
We see the same price differences here between PA and NJ. And NJ is a "full service only" state!! 20c cheaper to drive 10 miles and have someone serve me.

And as far as the low fuel indicator goes, my buddy and his gf are like "War of the Roses", and have practically made a game of making sure the light is on when the other one gets into their Trailblazer. He got sick of filling it up only for her to drive a hour each way to hang out with her best friend all night, and she's not about to fill it up only to have him drive his 45 minute commute to work during the week! I've never seen such passion behind that game.

·
Registered
256 Posts
$2.39, $2.49, $2.59...Reg., Super, Premium. Haven't used anything other than BP Clear since it came out 6 mos ago.

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
yes, I think I may have seen Kris a couple of times...
But he moved up to the lake now, very close to Buford.
Kris may know berkley hills country club, that's where I'm at.

·
5,268 Posts
Wow! Somehow I just read this post only now. I am close to the Buford Dam and Chattahoochee River. One of our offices is in Norcross so I travel frequently on 141 and Peachtree Industrial. Suwannee Dam Road is my normal commute to the I85.

It is possible that I have seen you…………;)

There is many Muranos out there now……it is not unique anymore….
:(

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Ahhh, I have a sis that lives close to the dam--The Vineyards.

If you see me, I won't be the typical Mo--I have a stainless drawbar on my hitch with a stainless ball. Also, I have manick rockerbars--I have yet to see a Mo with those in Atlanta.
And yes, I do see several Mo's each day.
Berkley hills CC is off old norcross road, so I imagine you get real close to my house each day you go to your norcross office.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When are you guys going to do lunch?

·
Registered
139 Posts
gas type and mpg

In So. Oregon, I use Arco mid-range or Premium, or Chevron premium or mid-range. Mid-range gives 22mpg at 70mph and premium gives almost 24mpg.
Around town, doesn't seem to matter what grade I use. Darrell.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I use premium as a matter of course.
Down here, that's 93 octane.
Runs good, gives best mileage.

of course every now and then we have a hurricane.
When we do, it is not uncommon for stations to only have regular for a couple of weeks.
A man's gotta do what he's gotta do, so I have run Regular in the heat of the summer following a hurricane.
That's 87 octane.
Well, the power and "crispness" falls off.
The mileage is down slightly. Maybe 2 MPG on the highway at max.
But the car runs well with no pinging or knocking.
IMO, if your car is in good shape, 87 octane will not hurt it.
I just prefer the performance of Premium.

Homer

1 - 20 of 28 Posts