Nissan Murano Forum banner

Which headlight bulbs are best?

9K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
Hey guys my bulbs need changing and I was looking at h11 LED bulbs. But I'm not sure if I should stick to halogen h-11 bulbs. Can I get your input. Thank you in advance.

#4 ·
Go with LED. You won't be sorry.

I've been changing halogen lighting to LED for several years now. No one has ever asked to have their old halogens put back in, lol. Every car has shown a vast improvement in night time driving visibility, with only several of the older cars (15 + years) sometimes needing adjustment for proper aim.

Carid.com is an excellent source for quality lighting and cross referencing the correct bulb. A little on the expensive side, but I have found out that you really get what you pay for when it comes to LED lighting. I have found out that the newer 2 LED design for the H series throws a much cleaner sharper cut-off line in low beam mode. That style also works well with the projector headlights.

On the cutting edge, there is a new series of LEDs now just making it out to manufacturing that uses about 30% less power, while providing about 40% more lumens (light output). For example, I had replaced all the T10 bulbs on my Murano with LEDs 2 years ago, turn, license plate, backup, and side marker lights. I've just replaced them all with the newer chips, with only 3 LEDs per bulb versus the old LED T10s which had 15 LEDs per bulb. Lumens is higher and the output is sharper, really noticeable when using reverse.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Adobo_santos
#12 ·
Be sure the orientation of the LED bulb is vertical, with the LEDs pointing to the sides.

Just looking at the reflection of the lighting on the van in front of your car, I can tell that you'll be able so see much better. Even with only one bulb installed.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Adobo_santos
#11 · (Edited)
Adobo_Santos, a lot of the difference in your photo is color temperature difference between the LEDs and the halogens. Most halogens are 3700 degrees, but they are available in "whiter" colors, meaning around 5000 degrees or even a bit higher. LEDs come in a selection of color temps as well, but often are around 5000. Clearly you went wit a higher color temp in the driver's side lights, which is fine.

That explains the color difference. How much the LEDs provided better lighting is another issue. The driver's side definitely looks brighter on the car in front, but the glare on the driver's side light may be the camera angle.

Getting the spec on the lumens generated by the LED vs. the halogen would answer the question about actual light output. Please let us know the output of the lamps on the left right side in lumens - that would tell us a lot.

Reactions: 14NMOSGunMet
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.