• SL 2WD

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...just wondering what all of your opinions are on this...i really don't know which one to buy...the SE AWD or the SL AWD...such a tough question...:confused:

·
5,268 Posts
i do not think you asked the right question. Both cars are good. One is softer (SL) than the other one. Try both and decide for yourself. I have SL because my better half wanted softer ride. In retrospect i probably made a good decision.

Drive both cars on different road surfaces for at least a few miles or better an hour or so. And then decide. Wish you luck - whichever you choose you will be fine!

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I think there IS an answer.
But I also think it is VERY much an individual thing.
And a bit of the decision HAS to be the conditions that you face.

I Live in SW florida. I NEVER travel in the WINTER. The winter is when we live in a veritable paradise down here.
So I don't need AWD.

We have better roads than most states. CERTAINLY better than the Northeast and midwest where I visited this summer (In my other car). So I "could" have used the SE with comfort.
Except our roads tend to be straight. For miles.
Boring.
If you see a hill, you are standing in a hole.
If you see a turn up ahead, that's Georgia.

So, might as well be a grand tourer. ;)
Beside with less weight, I get more MPG and definitly really am faster than a fully laden AWD.
Actually, people who test the car, universally say that the ride on an SL is "firm".

NOw if I lived in Goose Bay or International Falls...........the best Murano would undoubtedly be an AWD SE with a cold pack. :D

Homer

·
5,268 Posts
hfelknor

you nailed it!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
"better" is very opinionated (as if) ......

although FL is flat.... it is also sandy and oftentimes very wet....

i find the added feature of the awd a good thing to have for driving in adverse conditions (when i , unfortunately, cannot avoid it) such as downpours, where water tends to pond up on our drainless roadways....

maybe VDC would be better too, but i didnt have the choice (ha to pick one on the lot to get the online discount, i was told)

any way you slice it, my preliminary review of the car/truck/crosser is nothing less that great....

as well as this forum (and members)

S

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hfelknor thanks for that reply...it's awesome and you sure know your roads...how about a NYC road and traffic...which do you think would do? Thank you all for replying (and it is a VERY opiniated question) :D I like smooth rides without constant bumps and just as if i am gliding on air...know what i mean?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Oh wow.
THAT is a loaded question.

Speaking strictly from my own POV.........I don't know that I would even buy a Murano in NYC.

I would consider a Pilot or a Highlander. Probably the 04 Highlander.
They both ride "better" than a Murano. That is, they are more compliant without being mushy. The Murano, even the SL is more toward the "sport" end of the spectrum.

But of course both would kill you with terminal boredom just from their shape alone. :)

So I guess I would buy an SL, and if I never left the city I would get a FWD (The city is very efficient in snow removeal MOST of the time) and if I did leave the city a lot in the winter, I would get an AWD because Jersey, CT and upstate can all be a disaster in the winter. Even the island can be very, very difficult.

Then I would pretend I didn't feel, or hear, the great crashes of metal all round me, as I sped across the poorly maintained intersections where there are three levels of pavement. :)

NYC.
As Frank said, when singing about the Murano.........New York, New York, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Homer

(Oh. He wasn't singing about the Murano? Who knew?)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most of the reviews I had read said the SE is too stiff, and so I did not plan to drive it at all. But when we requested an extended test drive the salesman arranged for us to try both the SL and SE. After spending two hours in the SE I fell in love.

As others have said it is an individual thing, so take a long test in both.

·
4,664 Posts
The one you're driving is always the best...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts